Just Another Difference

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Infiltrator, Nov 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. yep, our purse strings are too tight to get ammo, food and mail to our soldiers at CHristmas, where as the Americans get a company to donate the cash to ensure their mail gets through as well.

If only we were that enterprising.

As usual its Tommy at the front who suffers......
  2. I am annoyed. Soldiers stuck in the FOB's should get all thats due to be sent to them, Yes i understand that all additional mail puts a strain on the resupply chain however would someone tell me why as of yet we dont have extra choppers in Afghan?. If its a case of money the top brass should be bloody ashamed of themselfs. Whats more important, Extra Choppers or spending lots opf money on recruiting ethnics.
  3. In America a Military ID Card gets you Superstar Status and respect from both the General Public and Business alike.

In Britain, a Miltary ID Card just means that you have to pay more as you're classed as a risk....! But a little respect from the GP in that timidly British way.

Sad but true...
  4. The US Red Cross scheme only allows for free postage of cards - parcels are specifically excluded. So, not so much difference between the 2 countries in this case, really.