Just a thought on the SAS badge

The SAS cap badge should not have the sword of ********* but in my opinion the sword of DAMOCLES. Signifying the imminent danger to anyone whom the regiment pursue. The reg was and is one of the strongest the British Army have. If you look up Damocles it seems to me to be more fitting to the reg.

As I say it is JUST a thought

hooped. mk

I said was just a thought. But the PTI badge could have Hermes on it. Lets carry on with the Greek theme. There are probably many more we could go with.

I don't think crabmabb was being serious!

Oh and mentioning "Greek theme" in the naafi is only going to go one way!

Aphrodite_Squaddie said:
I said was just a thought. But the PTI badge could have Hermes on it. Lets carry on with the Greek theme. There are probably many more we could go with.
The Sigs could have that as well :lol:

Hey homo, not me pal. Dirrrrrty Bstard. When dya pose for that one then??

What has anal gotta do with Greek mythology. And is it a Myth that u r a man???

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
firestarter said:
Aphrodite_Squaddie said:
My cap badge has Herpes on it.

old_fat_and_hairy said:
firestarter said:
Aphrodite_Squaddie said:
My cap badge has Herpes on it.
I thought I had herpes once! The doctor told me it was hermes! Apparently I was just a carrier.

Thank you, I'm here all week.

Taxi

Aphrodite_Squaddie said:
The SAS cap badge should not have the sword of ********* but in my opinion the sword of DAMOCLES.
Damocles is correct, rather than Excalibur. My mate Henno McGarvey (who was second man into the Embassy) told me.

Hermes and Mercury are the same (demi) god, one is Greek the other Roman.

The original designers of the capbadge should be sought for the true meaning of the design... and fast!!!!

As for changing it, why? The capbadge doesn't have to match the regiments current role, if it was Excalibre in the desert it sitll is.

Otherwise the RTR need a rethink!!!!!

Aphrodite_Squaddie said:
The SAS cap badge should not have the sword of ********* but in my opinion the sword of DAMOCLES.
I thought it was Mr D's sword?

The signals, The crabs and half the RLC should wear the RE capbadge, to remind them were they came from!

spitlock said:
The signals, The crabs and half the RLC should wear the RE capbadge, to remind them were they came from!
i'm not going to disagree with you! to be honest don't think its too many years away when it will be RFC again anyway.

crabmabb said:
spitlock said:
i'm not going to disagree with you! to be honest don't think its too many years away when it will be RFC again anyway.
whys that??
generally interested not going to takethe piss!!

not yet anyway :twisted:

crabmabb said:
spitlock said:
Perish the thought! If God intended the Army to fly, He'd have made the sky green.

Ahhhh, see how it goes now!!! Hate the crabs until it looks like you might be getting lumped with it!! On the brightside, a lot more hotels going to be utilised.
There has been rumours and whispers for months about navy wanting to take over all rotary assets bar apache, and handing fixed wing to the army for what would essentially be a disbandment of the air farce. Tim collins gave quite a controvercial statement about his views a few months back. Ruffled a lot of crab feathers!
We're moving into a more "army" orientated expedetionary role at the minute and personally can't help thinking its for a long term aganda.

Nah, I heard the Army would get the strike assets (seeing as the Navy don't fight anymore) and the Navy would get the strategic Transport, seeing as that is all they do now, transport the boys to the fighting.

Latest Threads