Just a normal American couple, defending their property

Looks like a McMansion to me. Small gust of wind would blow it over.
Apparently it is a 19th Century building that the couple bought as a shell in the 1980s. They then spent the next 30 years doing it up, so you can understand their reluctance to allow a bunch of self entitled lefty soap dodgers to burn it down.

Of course in Texas the couple would have been arrested for NOT shooting the intruders. In fact I think that Texas pays a $5,000 bounty for every intruder killed, so if they had played their cards right they could have got a new extension built out of the incident.

'The couple have since defended their actions, saying they were “in fear of our lives”.

'But Mr McCloskey has spoken out in defence of the ordeal, telling local news station KMov St Louishe was “terrified that we’d be murdered within seconds. It was like the storming of the Bastille,” the 63-year-old said. “The gate came down and a large crowd of angry, aggressive people poured through. “I was terrified that we’d be murdered within seconds. Our house would be burned down, our pets would be killed.”
were they in Blazing saddles?

Sherrif murdered, crops burned, people stampeded and cattle raped

What do you reckon sanger on the roof with a belt fed weapon? :p :)
No, if you want a decent beaten zone, grazing fire is required. Get the gun low, behind some sandbags.

Pah, even I fired an LSW.

Technically also NDed one as well, if you count a burst of automatic when the order was single rounds. Some range staff have no sense of humour.
Fuck me - vicars and tarts on the range, take cover!

Forgot to also add that legal drinking age is set by the States and not the Feds. In the States of Connecticut, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin, Wyoming, a person under 21 may consume alcohol with parental consent in a restaurant, bar, or a venue where alcohol is sold.
Let's not forget the dry counties, and having just looked at it on Wikipedia, there's also dry cities and dry towns.

Sort of reminds me of when I was a student, within Leicester city limits pubs shut at 10.30, outside of the limits it was 11pm, but that was in the 70's.

Drummer_Boy

Old-Salt
It is not a public road but private road in a gated community. The couple also had a gate at the driveway to their home which had been locked but the peaceful protesters* forcibly smashed down the gates to enter. I have seen the full video which was edited by the to eliminate that part. A friend had the full video on facebook but FB took it down and gave him a posting ban. Media naturally only show the non-violent part.

Note: I said "peaceful protesters" as here in the us terms like "rioters", "looters" and "arsonists" are considered signs of racism.
Plus, this is in a 'Castle' state, so the home owners are well within their rights to defend their property, and there is no duty to retreat either. In fact, in Missouri the home owners have a right to attack an intruder on their property. Linky( Missouri Self-Defense Laws - FindLaw)

Apparently it is a 19th Century building that the couple bought as a shell in the 1980s. They then spent the next 30 years doing it up, so you can understand their reluctance to allow a bunch of self entitled lefty soap dodgers to burn it down.
Thank you , I stand corrected! Still looks like one though.

It is not a public road but private road in a gated community. The couple also had a gate at the driveway to their home which had been locked but the peaceful protesters* forcibly smashed down the gates to enter. I have seen the full video which was edited by the to eliminate that part. A friend had the full video on facebook but FB took it down and gave him a posting ban. Media naturally only show the non-violent part.

Note: I said "peaceful protesters" as here in the us terms like "rioters", "looters" and "arsonists" are considered signs of racism.
We understand what is actually going on.

Awol

LE
Sort of reminds me of when I was a student, within Leicester city limits pubs shut at 10.30, outside of the limits it was 11pm, but that was in the 70's.
In the ‘70s all pubs closed at 10.30, (or 11.00 at weekends). ‘‘Twas the law nationwide.

Thankfully that’s in the past and we can now drink like adults whenever we wish.

Oh dear; if he's that mentally traumatised and persecuted, perhaps he shouldn't have access to weapons.

'A St. Louis homeowner who pulled a gun on protesters walking on his private street said he was "in imminent fear they would run me over, kill me. I was a person scared for my life, protecting my wife, my home, my hearth, my livelihood. I was a victim of a mob that came through the gate," Mark McCloskey told CNN's Chris Cuomo Tuesday. He said it is "ridiculous" to consider him the face of opposition to the Black Lives Matter movement after the incident. "I didn't care what color they were. I didn't care what their motivation was," McCloskey said. "I was frightened. I was assaulted."

'Videos obtained by CNN show McCloskey, with a long rifle, and his wife, with a handgun, outside their St. Louis home around 7:30 p.m. Sunday. They are seen brandishing the weapons as demonstrators walked outside the home, protesting Mayor Lyda Krewson's decision to publish the names and addresses of people in favor of police reform. Portland Place, the private street where McCloskey lives, is near Krewson's home.

McCloskey told CNN the mayor's house cannot be reached through his neighborhood and that hundreds of protesters broke through a private gate. He said the protesters threatened to kill him and his dogs and burn his house down. In two eyewitness videos, it appears the McCloskeys and protesters exchange words, but it's unclear what is said. McCloskey said his actions and those of his wife were justified.

"My clients are completely behind and endorsed the message of BLM," McCloskey's attorney Albert S. Watkins said. "What they are not capable of doing is embracing the abject utilization of that noble message that we all need to hear over and over and over again as a license to rape, rob, pillage bowl over all of our rights."

'McCloskey said he stopped seeing the gathering as a protest when he alleges the protesters broke through a wrought iron gate. Daniel Shular, a local reporter who took one of the videos obtained by CNN and said he watched the entire roughly 10-minute long incident unfold, said a door next to the gate at Portland Place was unlocked and protesters used that to cut through the neighborhood. In a video livestreamed on Facebook, the left gate door is held open by the first protesters that enter the private street. That video does not show how the door was first opened. However, a second Facebook Live video taken later shows the right gate door bent and broken on the ground.'

Oh dear; if he's that mentally traumatised and persecuted, perhaps he shouldn't have access to weapons.

'A St. Louis homeowner who pulled a gun on protesters walking on his private street said he was "in imminent fear they would run me over, kill me. I was a person scared for my life, protecting my wife, my home, my hearth, my livelihood. I was a victim of a mob that came through the gate," Mark McCloskey told CNN's Chris Cuomo Tuesday. He said it is "ridiculous" to consider him the face of opposition to the Black Lives Matter movement after the incident. "I didn't care what color they were. I didn't care what their motivation was," McCloskey said. "I was frightened. I was assaulted."

'Videos obtained by CNN show McCloskey, with a long rifle, and his wife, with a handgun, outside their St. Louis home around 7:30 p.m. Sunday. They are seen brandishing the weapons as demonstrators walked outside the home, protesting Mayor Lyda Krewson's decision to publish the names and addresses of people in favor of police reform. Portland Place, the private street where McCloskey lives, is near Krewson's home.

McCloskey told CNN the mayor's house cannot be reached through his neighborhood and that hundreds of protesters broke through a private gate. He said the protesters threatened to kill him and his dogs and burn his house down. In two eyewitness videos, it appears the McCloskeys and protesters exchange words, but it's unclear what is said. McCloskey said his actions and those of his wife were justified.

"My clients are completely behind and endorsed the message of BLM," McCloskey's attorney Albert S. Watkins said. "What they are not capable of doing is embracing the abject utilization of that noble message that we all need to hear over and over and over again as a license to rape, rob, pillage bowl over all of our rights."

'McCloskey said he stopped seeing the gathering as a protest when he alleges the protesters broke through a wrought iron gate. Daniel Shular, a local reporter who took one of the videos obtained by CNN and said he watched the entire roughly 10-minute long incident unfold, said a door next to the gate at Portland Place was unlocked and protesters used that to cut through the neighborhood. In a video livestreamed on Facebook, the left gate door is held open by the first protesters that enter the private street. That video does not show how the door was first opened. However, a second Facebook Live video taken later shows the right gate door bent and broken on the ground.'

Or maybe the BLM should fuck off and leave people alone.
But hey far easier to have a go at a bloke who stood up for himself and his family.

Last edited:
After leaving the safety of his house, suitably 'refreshed'.

I wonder whether they were drinking a variant of these?

A single picture has the word cocktail written on it and that leads you to believe he was "refreshed"

Do you often get jealous of blokes who stand up for themselves rather than hide away?

Last edited:
A single picture has the word cocktail written on it and that leads you to believe he was "refreshed"

Do you often get jealous of blokes who stand up for themselves rather than hide away?
I've never been jealous of anyone in a pink polo shirt in my life.

Grobnob

Swinger
Considering they live in a gated community they might want to sack the p*** poor security who let a pack of protesters in.

Latest Threads