Just a normal American couple, defending their property

Protestors on their way to protest St Louis mayor in her home to get her to resign. They pass by a white couples' home

I believe it was in a gated / private community, but am unsure as to the status of the road / pavement that the protestors are walking down, and whether it was public§lay or privately owned.

Last edited:
That was twattish. I'd have drawn the curtains and stayed quiet. Waving a rifle could well have resulted in carnage.

I believe it was in a gated / private community, but am unsure as to the status of the road / pavement that the protestors are walking down, and whether it was public§lay or privately owned.
St. Louis is a powder keg. But the term " protester" has become a substitute for rioter out here. But the suburbs are not the place to get disorderly in. I don't blame them for being on edge.

It appears to be a private community as well.

Protestors on their way to protest St Louis mayor in her home to get her to resign. They pass by a white couples' home

He's only got one mag. If he's only been issued three rounds by the mrs, he's in deep shit

That was twattish. I'd have drawn the curtains and stayed quiet. Waving a rifle could well have resulted in carnage.

This is America you are talking about, different mind-set, waving a gun about confirms their right to defend, and if need be, use it against other brain dead morons who carry guns in street protests. Staying invisible, quite, and just observing, but ready for any face to face confrontation, doesn't seem to be an option.

No way is someone who owns such a property going to face the protesters and tell them to leave. That couple are the caretaker and the housemaid, sent out by the owner ie their employer.

This is America you are talking about, different mind-set, waving a gun about confirms their right to defend, and if need be, use it against other brain dead morons who carry guns in street protests. Staying invisible, quite, and just observing, but ready for any face to face confrontation, doesn't seem to be an option.

My bold precisely, Many years ago one of my cousins was posted to Washington DC. to serve in our embassy there. He happened to be the Captain of the RAF pistol shooting team and owned a Browning 9 mm.
As he knew the States offered lots of opportunities for shooting he applied for & got a permit over there. His married quarters were in a small town in W. Virginia just outside the Capitol & as a member of the diplomatic staff he got a courtesy visit from the State Police to check all was well. The officer asked him where he kept his pistol. "oh in a locked metal gun safe", said my cousin, showing it to the officer, who replied. "If I were you I'd keep it handy in a drawer, as here in the USA, if anyone comes onto your property, trespassing, the law allows you to defend it with lethal force if necessary. If you're out and one of your neighbours sees something suspicious apart from calling us, they will do it for you, as virtually everybody in this town is armed and crime is virtually zero as the criminals know what would happen to them!"
My cousin visited the local police station later and was shown a couple of wall maps with various coloured pins showing serious crimes, robbery, murder, rape etc. The map of his town was clear, no pins at all, but he noticed several areas in Washington proper absolutely covered in pins. He was told they were poor areas predominantly populated by Hispanics and Afro Americans where gangs, drugs & crime were endemic!!

What do you reckon sanger on the roof with a belt fed weapon? :p :)

Latest Threads