just a few questions

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by -becky-, Mar 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi everyone

i am a girlfriend of a soldier, because of this the army has interested me a great deal. I am currently at college and i am looking at 'how the army advertise and how effective it is'.

i have posted a selection of questions and would be very greatful if people would answer them for me by commenting on this post.

many thnks !! :D

becky

1. have you ever seen or heard an army advertisement? yes or no

2. what kind of advertisement was it? tv? careers book? poster? radio? other?
    3. did it tempt you to .... join? consider? didnt interest you?

4. do you think the army advertisements are affective? yes or no

5. does an army career look appealing from the advertisements alone? yes or no and why

6. do you know anyone in the army? yes or no

7. in general do you think advertising is effective? yes or no

i hope that isnt too much to answer :D i would really appriciate it if you could re post your answers for me :D

hope to speak to you all soon :D x

2. come on guys :D its not bad questions!!!

3. 1. no
    2. -
    3. no
    4. no
    5. no
    6. no
    7. no

I hope this helps.

4. 1 - yes
    2 - t.v
    3 - consider
    4 - dnt know ask a recruiter
    5 - yes, because its shows it from one angle just as any business would advertise, but i dont belive your choice on joining the army should be made on seeing one advert and should be researched to make sure it is the right choice for you.
    6 - yes
    7 - is the same as question 4

these my opinions anyway hope that helps you :D

5. To understand if the advertising campaign is effective you need to look at the recruiting figures with different campaigns or when there has been little or no advertising.

No point looking at an individual. We all join for different reasons. Mine was certainly nothing to do with an advertising campaign.

6. 1. have you ever seen or heard an army advertisement? Yes

2. what kind of advertisement was it? TV, Radio, National Newspaper

3. did it tempt you to .... Re-Join

4. do you think the army advertisements are affective? Yes

5. does an army career look appealing from the advertisements alone? Yes

6. do you know anyone in the army? Yes

7. in general do you think advertising is effective? Yes

7. this is some of my primary research i have lots of other reasearch aswell, but part of my project is to produce questionnaires

8. Hmmm...you might need to formally contact someone in Army to try and send questionnaires to soldiers.

Unless you are an undercover agent from Army Advertising Department!

9. I think programs like Ross Kemps Afghanistan do more for recruitment than some ad in between the footy does.

10. 1. have you ever seen or heard an army advertisement? yes

2. what kind of advertisement was it? TV adverts, Banner on side of buses, Internet adverts
    3. did it tempt you to .... It doesn't encourage me as I've wanted to join for a long time. But the advertisements remind me about my application, sometimes encourage me to crack on with it more.

4. do you think the army advertisements are affective? The adverts seem to be targeting people who already have jobs, encouraging them to join for a more exciting career than what they have now. I'm sure it will make people think about their career when they see them.

5. does an army career look appealing from the advertisements alone? The adverts put a big emphasis on benefits you can gain by joining, and an emphasis on how interesting and exciting it is opposed to the job you have on civi street. It works.

6. do you know anyone in the army? yes

7. in general do you think advertising is effective? yes