just a brief introduction

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Baby_Blues, Sep 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello all

im baby blues im 18 and im a squaddie wannabe!

im currently at college but next year hope to join the army. at the moment im torn between going to uni and then for my commision or leaving college and joining the lower echelons which currently looks like the most likely option.

ive been reading for a while now and tonight while incredibly drunk i thought **** it! so here i am a member of arrse and surrounded by men obsessed with hoop stretching and amputees ???

i look forward to learning your wierd ways :)
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Stick with studying & go to uni...then decide, if that is an option.
    Join the TA/OTC & see if you like it/can hack it.
    If you stand a chance of going to uni it will be some of your best years.
    Joining up now may seem like a great option but the extra effort is worth it.

Good Luck
  3. Go to Uni and you can still join as an officer or the ranks, where ever you feel most comfortable. You can join the TA or the UOTC which ever is nearest or handiest for you, its a good insight to the army and you get some drinking pocket money from it too.
    What ever you do get your degree, as with out it in civvie street you will be seriously limiting your job prospects, the army is all good, but you will have to find a job after you leave the army, be it after a few years or a full carear!
    Good Luck!
  4. thanks you 2 advice taken on board.

i have a dilemma... i posted a pic and after browsing the gallery and seeing some of the insults dished out would rather remove it. is this possible?
  5. Hello. I'm new too.
    I'd been lurking a while, saw this thread and thought I'd introduce myself too.

I'm a civvie myself, but a "wife of" a TA gunner.
    Does this qualify me to join in occasionally?
  6. Why do you want to do that Baby_Blues?

The majority of the comments are positive, ok some of them are *cough* very positive :D

But if you're joining the Army, you'll get worse forms of "banter"
  7. baby_blues, having just read your post it horrifies me that I may have written something under your picture that worries you, therefore I have edited my comments to an "I would!" rather than "I wouldn't".

I do trust we are still friends? :D
  8. Do you do ****?
  9. Did you not do your homework and look at the sort of comments that have been written before posting your own? 1st lesson!

and If you can't take hassle on here, how on earth are you going to cope when its to your face, if and when you join up!

Cheeky_Girl , you star! :D