Juror in the clear in MP3 Trial

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hurryupandwait, Aug 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC

Unbelievable. Imagine if your life hangs in the balance of a jury; only to find out that one of the jurors is listening to her IPod!

Utterly unbelievable as well is the fact that there was insufficient evidence to pursue the case. CPS and Attorney General are a complete joke.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that she happens to be a female Muslim?
  2. Your last line says it all really. It was found hat she had "hidden the iPod and earphones under her Hijab (? spelling)" I'm sure that if it was found then that should be sufficient evidence.

IMHO of course

3. Crap OF COURSE her religion made no difference. As if.
    At least the scumbag got life, happy days!
  4. I am rather disappointed that the BBC has described her as "a Muslim juror", what does her religion have to do with it? If it had been me, would they refer to me as "a Christian juror"? This is simply bringing religion into the story unnecessarily.

As for the lack of evidence, b0llo0cks, she was obviously not properly discharging her duties as a juror and should be done for it.
  5. it was only an allegation as she has not been tired and convicted of any offence. Serving on a jury if called is part of our duty as British people and she behaved disgracefully by trying to avoid it and not paying attention to the evidence but the basic tenet of our law is "innocent until proven guilty"
  6. Christians aren't noted for wearing the Hijab. :roll:
  7. She wanted to get out of jury service, she succeeded.
    Though 24 hours in the cells for contempt wouldn't have gone amiss.
  8. I can see your point, but it could have been confusing to talk about the Hijab without mentioning her religion. It's difficult to say anything these days without upsetting someone.
  9. Indeed, but anyone can wear a headscarf.
  10. They're not known as the Can't Prosecute Service for nothing mate.
  11. I am disgusted but sadly, not surprised. How, by any stretch of the imagination, could her ignorant and arrogant behaviour be anything other than utter contempt? Fcuking pig!!
  12. Agreed - for ANYONE who thinks they're clever and can stick two fingers up at the law.

I don't give a toss about people's creed or colour - there are cnuts of every variety out there and they need to be stamped on - that's equality!
  13. I am not so sure this would be allowed while on jury service. It would, at least be in bad form.

What next? Baseball caps?

14. Not quite.......

Attached Files:

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Surely she(he) was meant to be a Yid?