Junior Rank Male nurses - Medals

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Filbert Fox, May 18, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After seeing the total cluster of Male JR medal ribbons on their No.2 dress at the QA Corps day, here is the order that they should be worn in:
    1. VC & GC
    2. British Orders
    3. British Decorations
    4. British medals for Gallantry and Distinguished Service
    5. British Operational Medals, UN Medals & NATO Medals worn in date order of qualification
    6. Coronation and Jubilee Medals
    7. LS&GC and Efficiency Awards

Contrary to what appears to be popular belief, you dont just stick new ribbons on your service dress as and when you get them, there is an order.

2. Well said FF, that QA corps day must have been a biatch. Did you grip any of them on the day?

3. I'd need a bigger chest for that lot!

Can I borrow a bit of yours Dui-lai ?

4. Certainly matey, right or left breasty dumpling?

5. not my unit Im afraid, they were from the 'Emmas' branch of the QARANC, however I did point them out to the relevant personnel, one of whom said:

6. Male women!!!!

Being a "Male Nurse" doesn't technically mean you have to be a split arse, mincing, shirt lifting, "chase me - chase me" powder puff!

Being all of those things were a completely seperate life style choice for me! 8O

(It was either that or a job where I saw no daylight & had to wear paper pyjamas all day! :D )

7. sounds like me :cry:

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It is called "Dress Regulations for the Army". What will they think of next?

Still it is traditional for medics (of whatever trade and gender) to wear what they like where they like. I've spoken to punters at Mess Do's dressed like Bilbo Baggins. It makes me cringe. I've even had fellow WO's blaming their dry cleaners for putting their collar dogs on the wrong way- but atleast they were on! I've reminded many a Jnr Sgt on their requirements of their medals as they simply didnt know.

Luckily I had my SNCO initiation as a L/Sgt in the Guards Depot Mess, where a Drill Sgt (WO2 to the uninitiated) briefed me and other new mugs on the why and wherefores of the Mess, stood me in good stead for 15 years. Something the new SNCO in the AMS doesn't get I am sure.

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Man breasts- urgh!

10. one of the full screws ribbons were:

LSGC
    NI, Bosnia, Kosovo,Jubilee

how did the LS&GC get to be top left????

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Probably as his bosses didnt know any different.

12. one boss did:

13. Therein is the basis for the whole problem

14. If he has his LS&GC, what ficking planet has he been on? Ooops, I forgot he's a QA-the planet lard

15. Is this reminiscent of the good old 4077th?

Are the medical staff of today tryiong to recapture that wacky existence enjoyed by Hawkeye, BJ Honnicut, Hot Lips Hoolihan etc?