Junior NCO course

In Aug this year Im starting my JNCO's carder in order to become a Lcpl has any one done this course before? If so what should I be swotting up on.

If it was anything like mine (pull up a sand bag time!) which was an RE carder then basic infantry stuff you may not have done a lot of was my big thing. Then of cause phys. Just prepare yourself for good old bullshit polishing. Oh and more phys. Everything else will be taught to you.
Oh did I say up to speed with the phys?

monkey_tech said:
If it was anything like mine (pull up a sand bag time!) which was an RE carder then basic infantry stuff you may not have done a lot of was my big thing. Then of cause phys. Just prepare yourself for good old bullshit polishing. Oh and more phys. Everything else will be taught to you.
Oh did I say up to speed with the phys?
and then some running

FITNESS FITNESS FITNESS

I took a tab and it was a tab for a ta jnco cadre started with 45 and finished with 0, there fitness was a joke

phys
shouting
more phys
more shouting
5 mins to eat every meal
shouting
phys
clean everything
basically, its a fortnight of getting fooked about ....

Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
FITNESS FITNESS FITNESS

I took a tab and it was a tab for a ta jnco cadre started with 45 and finished with 0, there fitness was a joke
F'king hell that's abysmal.

Did an 8 miler on mine I think about 10 from 200 ditched it, mostly thru injury.

Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
FITNESS FITNESS FITNESS

Did it pass a pub?

Cait said:
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
FITNESS FITNESS FITNESS

Hard to believe.
Yeah cheers for that

ugly

LE
Unless there was referring to the location as in there was no fitness evident, as oppossed to saying "there, their fitness was a joke"

I think there is a missing 4 in that post.

msr

Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
FITNESS FITNESS FITNESS

Name and shame the unit / Corps / Regt

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Y2KGeordie,

I'm assuming you're infantry. If that is so then you will do a two week cadre course that is choc full of PT and orders. 303 SMLE wrote a pretty good summary of his course here: PJNCO Cadre Course

As Sandy The Guvnor wrote, work on your fitness! There's plenty of time left. Tabbing is the big one that weeds the men from the boys on Infantry course and they're designed to be physically and mentally testing. Good luck mate!

The_Duke

LE
minister_doh_nut said:
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
FITNESS FITNESS FITNESS

At a guess, most of the TA Infantry! It is the compulsory course for Pte - LCpl promotion which is centrally run rather than the old "in house" system, and held at ITC Catterick.

The_Duke said:
minister_doh_nut said:
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
FITNESS FITNESS FITNESS

At a guess, most of the TA Infantry! It is the compulsory course for Pte - LCpl promotion which is centrally run rather than the old "in house" system, and held at ITC Catterick.
It begs the question what where they doing on a Cadre?