Junior Leaders Regiment at Dover

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by ginsters, May 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was JLRRE 1990-1991. Any thoughts on your time there or the Instructors, Top Troop Comp. or the cockroaches?

2. Was there in '89...wonderful days and pretty much guaranteed to turn out squaddies with a bit of nouce about them. Anyone remember the RSM there at the back end of the eighties? Can't recall the name but he was about 5'6", typical razzman's 'tache and possibly the nicest WO you could ever hope to meet...as long as you were a canoeist :wink:

3. Wedge,

Yeah, I remember the chap, never was a happy teddy :D !! Dunno bout you I always knew him as SIR, he was a nice chap though although still scary to a young FRED.

Think his name was something like the Keano Reeves movie, although with a D at the end instead of a T.

4. Wedge,

Yeah, I remember the chap, never was a happy teddy :D !! Dunno bout you I always knew him as SIR, he was a nice chap though although still scary to a young FRED.

Think his name was something like the Keano Reeves movie, although with a D at the end instead of a T.

5. i went through old park in 1986 and had a right nasty year, our troop sergeant had been a full screw at 3 trg regt and his mission was to ensure and i quote.....
    " i don't send a bunch of gobby f*cking FRED's who think they know it all to gib barracks" .....
    it worked, and i didn't have nearly as much of a culture shock as some when we got there the day after passing out.

that said it was one of the most enjoyable years of my life..

drove past it a couple of years ago and it's a lorry park now, the old guardroom is still there though.

6. Went in an had a drive round a couple of years ago (past the tight lorry park security............The Sun would be so proud)

Big shame seeing all those tended lawns and woods that I spent so many happy boyish hours in, searching for kit flung outta top floor windows, now all overgrown.

7. i was there 88-89.....82 sqn..knox troop

i still say it was the best year of my army life

8. 86 - 87 for me chaps in 54 squadron.

good times.

9. I was there from Jan 77 to April 78,

At the end of stage 1, our nice PS and Jnr Ncos had reduced “beasted” our intake in B Sqn from 84 pax down to 16, we were then amalgamated with what was left of the only other intake in C Sqn.

Great days, as we were the only troop in our stage and there was no hassle training, no daft competitions to do as there was no opposition. Great MACC tasks.

As the Regiments Senior Troop in Stage 4, we had the Jnr RSM, Jnr SSM’s and the rest were all made acting Sgt’s.

Wee also had Big Jake as RSM and the CO was Blashers

Brills time

10. I too was there from 86-87 in 5 Tp 66. The Tp staff took great pleasure in sending us around the "Bollard" many thousands of times in what had to be the longest year of life! I look back at the time and think I should have joined as an AR at Gib Bks instead of doing time in that miserable place called Dover.

11. 1984 1 tp 66 SQN

a great time.

Sparky

12. knox tp 82 Sqn...83-84...good days!! :wink:

13. Martin Troop, 82, 1990-91..

Had some very good times and got thrashed lots... I met the guy who ran the JL's band awhile ago, he's MPGS in shorncliffe, took me ages to work out who he was.. nice old guy.

14. dawson troop 82 sqn , oct 83 - ? . cant remember when I left cos I was so skull F..D . Oh those happy days on the assault course then down to the gas chamber , evenings to mrs wooden t..ts in the wrvs , happy days