Junior Entry

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by kingcal91, Apr 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have been wanting to join the Army Air Corps for a while now and i was planning on going on a junior enrty to the Army Foundation Collee but because of my birth date i cant as by the time my application goes through and the next intake i will be to old. This is a bit stupid as i am acctually sitting GCSEs next month. so the plan is to go to sixth form and se how it goes there and if i dont get on with it i will leave after the first year by which time i will approaching 18 and joining then.

has this happened to anyone else?

and a bit of a random one here but do REME Aircraft Techs get an AAC beret?

cheers

2. You have to be 15 and 7 months to apply. Also there are two intakes per year, one in September and one around Christmas.

3. my problem is that i am 17 in October

4. In the words of MDN, I believe, "Those BATs are leant the light-blue cap of heteroness." (Or something similar)

So yes, they do as far as I am aware.

5. edit: double post a la mongue

6. my problem is that i am 17 on 5th October

7. That's fine, there are some 17 year olds in AFC. You don't HAVE to be 15 and 7 months upon applying, that is the lower age limit, I'm sure there is and upper age limit but I am sure you will fine. Just to be sure, go to the Army Online tomorrow and ask: http://www.armyonline.mod.uk/

- Why not wait until October, in the AFC I hear it takes a year to complete Phase 1 Training. Just wait until you are 17, I'm sure you will be able to apply for the postion then, just use the extra months for training. You just need your Parent's sig.

8. top limit is 17 years and like 2 months

9. Then you fit perfectly don't you? Just wait a few months and you'll be fine.

10. yeah but by the time the jan/feb intake i will be to old

11. No, wait a few months before applying for Regular Entry, not Junior. I believe the age limit for applying for Regular Entry is 17.

12. oh right i get you now i might just see how sixth form goes first cos i might come out with a few A-levels

13. Oh, right. Personally I'm not going to go Sixth Form because I hate school, another year in Education will be hell for me. But if you can I would get as many qualifications as you can, then when you get around for applying you'll have a lot more to work with. Plus when you get back to Civvy life you'll have beter job prospects. Good luck.

14. thats IF i go back to civvy life ;)

15. Yes. Better safe than sorry though.