I saw a video about the ADSC which has proven how easy it is for me to get deferred there. I decided, just under two years early, to start getting prepared, I'm 14 and hoping to join as a sapper, I'm in the acf as a lance jack currently but I wish to join junior entry, i ain't the fittest ****** around and I can only do 3 proper push-ups at the moment, I do 21 female standard push-ups (I know laugh all you want, I'm used to it) every night and squats 2 times a week. I want to get a gym membership but my mum this is I'll waste it so she won't let me near the gym. What should I do is my question out of this but I also want to know every single physical test and their standards I have to do for junior entry sapper, heaves, lifts that pushing thing I want to know everything, if I fail ADSC first time at the earliest time I can do it, how many times could I retry before I have to qualify for adult entry. Any other things I should know about ADSC would be much appreciated

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Your muscles won't be properly developed yet and likely you're still going through puberty. Don't expect too much from yourself.

Your muscles won't be properly developed yet and likely you're still going through puberty. Don't expect too much from yourself.

^ That.

You only need a few months to get fit. 3 will do it if you apply yourself, so don't worry about it just yet.

Most gyms won't let you near the weights at your age anyway.

I'd say your best bet at the moment is to involve yourself in school sports teams. Particularly sprinty stuff like rugby and footy. And of course, cross country.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
^ That.

You only need a few months to get fit. 3 will do it if you apply yourself, so don't worry about it just yet.

Most gyms won't let you near the weights at your age anyway.

I'd say your best bet at the moment is to involve yourself in school sports teams. Particularly sprinty stuff like rugby and footy. And of course, cross country.
That's I think enough and he should be enjoying being young without worrying about being older.

I saw a video about the ADSC which has proven how easy it is for me to get deferred there. I decided, just under two years early, to start getting prepared, I'm 14 and hoping to join as a sapper, I'm in the acf as a lance jack currently but I wish to join junior entry, i ain't the fittest ****** around and I can only do 3 proper push-ups at the moment, I do 21 female standard push-ups (I know laugh all you want, I'm used to it) every night and squats 2 times a week. I want to get a gym membership but my mum this is I'll waste it so she won't let me near the gym. What should I do is my question out of this but I also want to know every single physical test and their standards I have to do for junior entry sapper, heaves, lifts that pushing thing I want to know everything, if I fail ADSC first time at the earliest time I can do it, how many times could I retry before I have to qualify for adult entry. Any other things I should know about ADSC would be much appreciated
Go out and play sports. Team sports, rugby, kissball whatever. Something that will get you moving and acting on concert with others. Go for walks in the countryside, around the coast or around your town lookong at the nicer parts and history of the place. Forget about weights. Enjoy yourself. There's plenty of time for being massive and getting shouted when you are old enough!!

biffins-bridge

War Hero
Don't neglect your education either. You're currently receiving a free education so make the most of it. When you do pass ADSC (and it is a 'will' not 'if' providing you remain confident and motivated) and get your guaranteed entry notice (or whatever it's called nowadays) don't slacken off with your GCSE study and exams; I made that mistake over 30 years ago and it took a lot of catching up. Remember, you won't be in the army for ever. One day you will be looking for a second career so get all the qualifications you can to make you marketable.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Remembering it's not free the tax payer funds it and as a future tax payer it's wise to get in the mindset of where cash comes from.

All good comments.

Enjoy this time of your life, responsibility sucks, hehe.

As said, do lots of sports and get out into the great outdoors.

Don't worry about your shape and size at all.

All good comments.

Enjoy this time of your life, responsibility sucks, hehe.

As said, do lots of sports and get out into the great outdoors.

Don't worry about your shape and size at all.

Except @Major of sargeantness be sure to ask yo momma to cook good food. You be growing, boy. And don't be having chips every lunchtime.

There's a guide on the army website, but all it really says is 1/3 protein, 1/3 veg and 1/3 carbs.

That's meat and two veg to me and you. No pizza.

Goldy69

Old-Salt
I wouldn't be afraid of joining a gym, i started at 14 and had 0 injuries, i'm now 6'2 at 16 so no height problems and i was doing all the compound lifts.
But for now i suggest doing body weight exercises until you have developed your strength a bit - work on those push ups!
But you have plenty of time to get fit so i suggest doing joining a rugby team and running regularly, it will make it a lot easier when it comes to joining.
Like others have said, don't forget about your GCSEs either, they're very important.