Junior entry or adult.

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by Dammj, Aug 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone.
    I have a tricky situation here.

I want to join the Royal Signals as CSE. I have all the grades required and everything else.
    But i pulled out to go to college and then attempt to become a Officer either Signals or Infantry. But i may stick to being a soldier.

What i was wondering if i went into the army now as CSE at 16 with GCSE's or would it be beneficial for me to go in with GCSE's and A-levels? Or would there be no difference. Apart from with GCSE's you get less money from the Golden Hello.
    And I have just started my Gold Duke of Edinburgh and my expedition in in a few weeks. If i went in now will there be any chance of me getting this finished?

2. i think if your going to do your duke of edingburough award it will help you to become an officer so ithink you will be better suited as an officer
  3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I reckon you're in a pretty fortunate situation, there.

I'd say finish the DofE, get your A levels and apply for a Commission.
  4. Seconded.

If you have it in you to be an officer, you'll soon find out. And trust me, if you have it in you to be an officer you do *not* want to be stuck in a dead-end job with no prospects of promotion from within that will eat away inside at you until you realise you made a terrible mistake and want to go back 15 years in time and do things the right way when you were still young enough to...

My cup of bitterness floweth over - sorry ;) Just do things the right way *now* whilst you're still young mate :) And good luck.
  5. BombG T-Shirts

BombG T-Shirts Sponsor

Sounds like a tricky one that only you can solve.
    If you want to join as a soldier then it does not matter if you finish your DofE or get A-Levels.
    It sounds to me like you have your head screwed on and want to complete your A Levels, my advice is complete your education, then reconsider later on. If you still want to be a soldier then you can, if you want to commision then you will be in a better position to do so.
    Either way mate it is up to you, and only you can decide.....
    Good luck witchever path you choose.