Junior entry or adult.

Hi everyone.
I have a tricky situation here.

I want to join the Royal Signals as CSE. I have all the grades required and everything else.
But i pulled out to go to college and then attempt to become a Officer either Signals or Infantry. But i may stick to being a soldier.

What i was wondering if i went into the army now as CSE at 16 with GCSE's or would it be beneficial for me to go in with GCSE's and A-levels? Or would there be no difference. Apart from with GCSE's you get less money from the Golden Hello.
And I have just started my Gold Duke of Edinburgh and my expedition in in a few weeks. If i went in now will there be any chance of me getting this finished?

Thanks.

Hi everyone.
I have a tricky situation here.

I want to join the Royal Signals as CSE. I have all the grades required and everything else.
But i pulled out to go to college and then attempt to become a Officer either Signals or Infantry. But i may stick to being a soldier.

What i was wondering if i went into the army now as CSE at 16 with GCSE's or would it be beneficial for me to go in with GCSE's and A-levels? Or would there be no difference. Apart from with GCSE's you get less money from the Golden Hello.
And I have just started my Gold Duke of Edinburgh and my expedition in in a few weeks. If i went in now will there be any chance of me getting this finished?

Thanks.
i think if your going to do your duke of edingburough award it will help you to become an officer so ithink you will be better suited as an officer

I reckon you're in a pretty fortunate situation, there.

I'd say finish the DofE, get your A levels and apply for a Commission.

I reckon you're in a pretty fortunate situation, there.

I'd say finish the DofE, get your A levels and apply for a Commission.
Seconded.

If you have it in you to be an officer, you'll soon find out. And trust me, if you have it in you to be an officer you do *not* want to be stuck in a dead-end job with no prospects of promotion from within that will eat away inside at you until you realise you made a terrible mistake and want to go back 15 years in time and do things the right way when you were still young enough to...

My cup of bitterness floweth over - sorry ;) Just do things the right way *now* whilst you're still young mate :) And good luck.

Sounds like a tricky one that only you can solve.
If you want to join as a soldier then it does not matter if you finish your DofE or get A-Levels.
It sounds to me like you have your head screwed on and want to complete your A Levels, my advice is complete your education, then reconsider later on. If you still want to be a soldier then you can, if you want to commision then you will be in a better position to do so.
Either way mate it is up to you, and only you can decide.....
Good luck witchever path you choose.

Latest Threads