Jungle training

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by dannyboy99, Oct 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if anyone in the Army can get on a jungle warfare course. Or is it just open to special forces/marines. If so, is it just infantry or do any arms get the opportunity to go. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi mate, having done both jungle courses and taught out there, the pre requisite is min rank of full screw, min qualification is scbc. The only other arms I've ever seen on the course is the RAVC lads who are doing the tracker dogs postings.

Hope this helps

3. I thought with Belize now closed (sorry, "suspended animation") the jungle courses had stopped?

4. We now have JEWTs* which are held in Otterburn.

In January.

*Jungle Exercises Without Trees.

• Like Like x 4
  5. The actual jungle courses are run in Brunei by TTB, Belize, which as you rightly say has wound down now, was purely a trg area for sub units conducting jungle training. The Dutch marines have been using it heavily. To my knowledge the only instructional courses there have been the international jungle warfare advisors course.

If you want to get to the trees that bad, bid for the Ground sign awareness course in Brunei which lasts two weeks mate and is open to all arms.

6. I just can't see any Unit paying the T&S to get someone to Brunei on a jolly course! I presume you'd need a really good justification! :)

Nice thought though!

7. It's all part of the MST package now and run with frequency. If you're about to deploy and are somewhere in the cycle they should be pretty easy to be loaded onto mate.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Win! Thanks for the steer, that's most useful mate.

9. I did 3 years in Malaya and Borneo in the 60's but all I can remember is heat, Tiger Beer, more heat, Bugis Street, Char wallahs, Kai Tais, Chinese whores, pennicillin and fighting with Aussies. Did training at Johore Bahru rather than Otterburn though. Need any tips, I'm your man.

• Like Like x 2
  10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

1. Best way to avoid dead fall?

2. Fool proof way of telling which ones are Kai Tais before it's too late?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Donmac, mucho respect mate.

Ten tours of Belize and a few stints or 5 in Brunei

12. Backatcha!

13. Brunei is still a goer. That's the Jewel in the Crown training environment, well apart from Tully (Queensland), well Tully and PNG. Yeah, well it's still the Jewel in the Crown.

14. 1.Wear an athletic support.
    2.The KT's are the good looking ones. By the way, you didn't mention which you are interested in

• Like Like x 1
  15. And just what constitutes 'too late'? The vinegar stroke?

• Funny Funny x 1