Jungle Shirts

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Mr Happy, May 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Can anyone settle an argument for me?

Jungle shirts, the very bright coloured type I've not seen for ages where as in the 80's they were quite common. Are they no longer issued or are they restricted to JWI?

I've seen rip off's around (though again less and less common) but as far as I can tell the standard temperate (jacket LW) is now the issue kit that is supposed to do?

2. I have no idea what is issued these days, but long ago it was the OG Shirt. Very comfy. I still buy them and wear them when I am in Malaysia.

3. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

The colour did change from bright to a more normal shade. Probably due to contracts or manufacturing techniques.

The old poly/cotton jugle combats you ask about are not issued any more, as CS 95 is deemed adequate. There were also a pre-CS 95 set of jungle combats issued, very thin and wore out quickly, but very comfy.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

This is the 'more-normal' shade right?

[​IMG]

and again I think the same design in a better picture:

[​IMG]

Thats no good!

This is the older pattern:

[​IMG]

5. i have one of those from aeons ago , and a set of the "bright" trousers

6. The old OG's of the '60's were fine at the time but anything more than 10 days patrol and they rotted off your body, even changing into your 2nd set of dry ones to sleep in. 4 x 10 day ulu bashing with a long week end in between each saw 4 x trips to the QM's for new OG's [plus new Canvas/rubber boots] I suspect that the newer kit lasts longer.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Blinkin' flip! From '60's to 2005 in one swoop... 4x10 days in the ulu sounds - and as I am an ex-part of our new EU/Red army - BSTRD hard...

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Relaxed waist measures 34" and extends fully to a maximum of 47" with an inside leg length of 23".

You are a sick and twisted pony.

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

10. gay fat american pants

11. I wasn't sure if they should have gone in the Ebay thread.