Jungle field clothing / uniform recommendations

While I would thoroughly recommend IDF the "work clothes" uniform for hot and arid climates, I've no idea how it would hold up in tropical climates. The work clothes are very comfortable indeed - where did you see them on sale? I have never seen genuine IDF clothing on sale except once, in a tiny surplus shop in Hornsey, North London, circa 1977 - genuine IDF paratrooper uniforms in the Froggie camo scheme, complete with Hebrew IDF stamps in black ink (I think the uniforms had been donated to IDF by the French).

View attachment 450413
There are a couple of online stores based in Tel Aviv. Last time I visited Israel ( about ten years ago) every other shop in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem seemed to sell IDF stuff: uniforms, webbing, boots etc.

There are a couple of online stores based in Tel Aviv. Last time I visited Israel ( about ten years ago) every other shop in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem seemed to sell IDF stuff: uniforms, webbing, boots etc.
You can buy genuine current-issue webbing from the manufacturer, Marom Dolphin.
Infantry boots are brought by IMOD from the US and aren't available for sale - though their equivalent may be available in the US.
The uniform items that are sold are not genuine - or at least I've never encountered genuine stuff being sold.
Regular army personnel can buy extra uniform items from H&O IDF regulars sections, but that is pretty limited (based on a points scheme).

Last edited:
While I would thoroughly recommend IDF the "work clothes" uniform for hot and arid climates, I've no idea how it would hold up in tropical climates. The work clothes are very comfortable indeed - where did you see them on sale? I have never seen genuine IDF clothing on sale except once, in a tiny surplus shop in Hornsey, North London, circa 1977 - genuine IDF paratrooper uniforms in the Froggie camo scheme, complete with Hebrew IDF stamps in black ink (I think the uniforms had been donated to IDF by the French).

View attachment 450413
Bearing in mind that Israel and Sarf Eefrika were muckers, were those the same French who helped train the SA Recce's?

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Have you considered IDF fatigues/ combats? Basically a shirt and workpants in a vaguely OG/ brown colour, readily available on line, hard wearing etc etc.
Thanks for the suggestions all, but the hubs for most north-south global travel are through various ME countries, customs for all of which are highly attuned to be suspicious of anything Israel-related. Their processes can be fairly paranoid, so going through those with any kind of Israeli mil kit would be unwise.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
SADF browns?

Yeah, if you can get them without gyppo creases.

They're major wearpoints and once the material is gefokked its only the seam stitching holding them together.
Seen guys become suddenly half-naked on ptl.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Bearing in mind that Israel and Sarf Eefrika were muckers, were those the same French who helped train the SA Recce's?
In what & when ?
Already had Milan trainers.

Yeah, if you can get them without gyppo creases.

They're major wearpoints and once the material is gefokked its only the seam stitching holding them together.
Seen guys become suddenly half-naked on ptl.
Gypponate were a thing for the soft fuckers who got called up late '80s and early '90s. They were apparently issued pre sewn. Obviously some SAAF soft cock who wasn't allowed to use an iron in case it hurt itself had a hand in getting that passed.