Jungle Combats for the old gits among you!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Baz44, Aug 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys

Sad though it is I just bought a set of the following.

For those who remember the days of Brecon and the old SAS Smocks and loud junglies. I saw these and just could not resist and bought them for no other reason than - BECAUSE I COULD! (even in my old age - oh to be young once again). Got to say the non wide brimmed hat is much better than the Sombrero we get issued today.

Just though I would share this with you all

P.S I am not on commission just revisting my youth!
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I still have my bright purpley pair, sadly my 16 year old lad is too big to fit in them let alone me!
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The material is good, but the buttons are badly sewn on. I lost 3 in the first few days of wearing mine.

Make sure you restitch them all.

4. They'll be bringing back the 65(?) pattern DPM jacket next. Remember, the nice lined one that was soft but tough and had neat flat pockets and a crotch strap? The trousers that went with it with the half lining were good too.
  5. I had a pair that that were orange, there is no way you could get away with them now. There were some ally ones on show in Macedonia in 2001, think they died out after that.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Time for a gratuitous almost ally post from the warry days of 1988 in South Armagh:
    Seen here is the trousers and shirt worn under an aquired Para Smock!
  7. Duke

So I am not the only old git who bought some then :) Drop of superglue will be duly applied to said button stitching! took the stupid compass pocket off the front too! made to the original spec my Arrse!

Ex Stab - I have a set of said combats! I got them issued when I first joined the army before the 80's crap ones came out - brand new they were. Put them away as I was going to wear them when I made Sgt Maj to prove I was and old git! When I made Sgt Maj thought 'there is no way I am wearing them - Everyone will think I am an old git!' so they stayed in the loft!! - Its a funny old world!

8. T
    he blurb I read mentioned that they had put this on as it was a common local mod for JWS etc & that they removed the stupid pen & FFD pockets.
  9. FFBOX

Each to his own dear boy I never use such pockets anyway only the ones firmly on the front. But then I am an old git FFD top left, compass attached top right (they have put the tape loops inside the pocket flap) and pens in TAM or waterproff note pad cover.

Like I said each to his own.

10. Nah you just couldn't fit in them mate................................ :p :p
  11. The first word rhymes with Duck and the other finishes if OFF!

Oh and this from the man with Lycra Service Dress! :)

12. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  13. Yep still got my "belize" top and jungle trousers

Bit small though !!

PS I am not inferring that I ever went to Belize, I also have an Artic Parka, furthest North I've been was the Hebs and the most dangerous place was the Bigg Market in th eToon
  14. I've still got a couple of sets in the loft, they seem to have shrunk in the box.... 8O