June Sarpong MBE. Eh?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by BedIn, Dec 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I can't help but wonder how some people qualify for honours.

I like Jo Public getting stuff for working hard; a milkman, a shoeshine bloke who is 80, a few people who've done loads of community work. This keeps awards from appearing too elitist and these people are often unsung and unrecognised. They will also really appreciate them.

Rod Stewart? Well I suppose he is at the top of his game and has been for some decades. However, I would have thought that the multi-millions, the models requiring humping, the drink, the drugs, the fame, the adoration, the groupies etc would be more than enough reward. His work has hardly been selfless; he has been handsomely rewarded throughout his career. Still, he is something of a national icon so I can see some sense.

But June Sarpong. JUNE SARPONG!! Have I missed something? Whilst I've been on TELIC has she saved an orphanage or something? As far as I am aware she is a low profile, second or third eleven pop TV presenter. Vernon Kaye has moved on - she hasn't. I've seen 18 year olds expose themselves to enemy fire to cover their friends. What in the name of God has June done?
  2. Someone mentioned in another thread that her boyfriend was some apparatchik in NuLabPolit.

Probably promised him a (stopping here as this isn't the NAAFI).
  3. Yes, but you'd still do her wouldn't you? If only to stop her whining opinions.
  4. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Well at least it shows you don't have to give money to New Labour to get honours, they seem have a sliding scale of "favours" for honours.
  5. Could it be because she is bla er. a childrens entertainer and high profile?
  6. She is THE most annoying person on TV. And she is up against some stiff opposition. I am aghast. And no, I'd rather take a cheese grater to my bell end.
  7. I would do her in the following order:

Gob, minge, arse. Gob.
  8. My word Choccy Frog you aren't suggesting New Labor of crass tokenism in honoring children’s presenters?

If they went in for that sort of thing John Lesley should be honored for services to caddish bounderingism.
  9. She has got a really large gob so maybe its because she has something in common with skullface cherie. She also has the most irritating laugh. Pound her face in with a mallet.
  10. http://www.biogs.com/famous/sarpong.html

11. With an out of control chainsaw?
  12. Nein Herr Creosote!

Mitt mein blutwurst!
  13. Chainsaw would be more fun.