June 2005 - US to invade ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goatman, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Stand shoulder to shoulder with our closest ally

2. Use whatever influence we have to dissuade them

3. Make it clear that no UK forces will deploy

4. Offer the Black Watch to stag on in Tehran

5. Despatch an expeditionary force to return the 13 colonies to Her Majesty's dominion

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Not_Whistling_Dixie posted this link in the other thread but it may have gone unsighted so I thought it was worth re-posting here.

Scott Ritter, ex UNSCOM inspector, obviously has his own agenda. But remembering how Op Telic seemed to become inenevitable from September 2002 onwards, perhaps we should take note of what he claims: the United States intends, apparentely unilaterally, to mount a land and air campaign against Iran in the next 4 months.

Le Chevre
  2. A great opportunity for us to do regime change in Zimbarbwe. Whilst every is focusing on Iran and the increased price oil and a stock market crash. UK PLC could settle some scores i.e. we should take down Mugabe and then skip over the DRC and take Eq Guiena, im sure that Mr M Thatcher would be as good as his mum at being PM! It give the CDS a great excuse 3 months later when the SPETICS come looking for extra man power.... :twisted: erm sorry GWB but we are busy spreading democracy around the world :oops:
  3. Just remember i was the first one to raise the issue of an arrse book on when the spams invade (or the first cruise strike the iranian nuke reactors)

I will put my money on sometime between Labour being voted back in (tony wouldnt let george go off on adventures before a general election) and christmas 2005.

4. There wont be any invasion of Iran.
  5. dont think we have the manpower to do it anyway
  6. Since when has that bothered the politicos? Not their lives that are going up in smoke
  7. You seem very well informed.
  8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Glad to hear it mate - can we quote you on that ?

Does that statement equally encompass:

<< nor will we ask our British buddies to help bomb the bejasus out of targets which have been pre-recce'd by Hereford Hooligans Inc ? >> :)

Lee Shaver
  9. All together now, panto stylee..

"Oh yes there will!!"

10. An invasion of Iran by the US is just isnt in the cards. The US Army and Marines just dont have the manpower [without full mobilization]. Iraq is demanding alot of our ground resources.
  11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

If i had a poll it would read (a) there won't be an invasion (b) but there could be some airstrikes. (c) whatever Jed Bush says Sir... (d) all the above....
  12. Kick back, have a few beers, take the phone off the hook and put a decent video on.

Tony will be out of Office by then.

13. Why Iran? I thought Afghanistan was next on the cards for UK PLC for two reasons - a) drugs and b) so that we can get our own foothold in the Middle East.

Then we can go for Iran.

But first we need to look after NI.

14. Can't we invade somewhere nice, like Switzerland.
  15. Is the Afgan thing to gain more drugs or just tax it?

We should never follow George W anywhere ever again. Look at all we've gained from it........... Oh aye, Ficken sie alles. :evil:

Iran caused the Yanks some problems in 78. They couldn't even get a Blackhawk back up let alone down. :lol: