'Jumping' hand grenade - Sweden

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by winnfield, Feb 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (with video)
    FMV - Hoppande handgranat minskar risken för oskyldiga att skadas i krig

google translation
  2. Couldnt you just put your foot on it to stop it jumping up?... :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

Slo mo video is impressive, but trying to read the stuff above gave me a headache.......

I got the idea and I'm a 'daft grunt'. But who ever tried to do the translation deserves to be shot with a ball of the proverbial.
  4. Yes, but you'd probably lose it.

Of course with a normal one you can just lie on it!
  5. Not something I would want to be throwing into rooms or down stairs in FIBUA.

Toss in grenade......grenade gets lodged at a funny angle......grenade then leaps out the window / door back at you and explodes.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Only if you do it on your back with a daysack on!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Be interesting to see how it directs itself - I would assume that it's a weighted sphere inside, so that it'll always go up no matter how it lands.
  8. The little buggers are unpredictable enough without one chasing you round a compound
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Bloody Swedes eh? Always pottering away up there inventing new shit to hurt other people. Not many of which will be Scandies.

This seems more like a more-deadly grenade to me than something which will save the lives of all those poor innocents. How will realistically stop from hurting innocents? The shrapnel still hits downwars so even those taking cover/not in a firing position will get riddled...as the metal sheet (target) showed. Dont get the point myself.

Clever idea all the same.

Has this come from Alfred 'I'm a Nice Guy Really' Nobel's Factory of Furious Fire and Fun?
  10. Change SOP's to carry cricket bat? Grenade jumps up and you knock it to the boundary.

Just a thought.

Edited for mong spelling. :eek:(
    • Like Like x 3
  11. When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer our friend.
  12. dont know much 'bout grenades but that google translations a bit of an english language explosion...
  13. that would require a great deal of fortitude and 'four' thought!

imagine teaching that in training!!
  14. Wow... Really?

The M67 fragmentation grenade has a kill radius of 5 meters and a casualty radius of 15 meters. How is widening the casualty radius to 30 meters an improvement?

And I really loved the little bit of bullshit about how the bits of shrapnel individually apply their own air brakes to slow themselves down to prevent injury in Bugs Bunny piloted missile style.
  15. fu2

fu2 LE

Can you get them at Ikea ?
    • Like Like x 1