Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Jumping from vehicles

There all at it....
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 22.15.25.png

Way back when, when I was 12-14yrs or so and it was my old man's weekend to have some time with his son and heir I jumped down from the passenger seat of my old man's VW camper before he'd come to a complete stop in an effort to look cool and a bit Arnie and, in misjudging the speed, lost my footing and got dragged along the verge as I managed to keep a hold on the door handle instead of going down in the dirt. I got mud on my strides and bent the handle down, incurring the ire of my old man and, when he dropped me off back home at the end of the day, the wrath of my old dear. Other than some muddy trouser cuffs, some pulled shoulder muscles and a wedge of dented pride I suffered no injury.

Does this help the OP's research...?

In the presence of Pammy you would have been, too. She was the only lass in a squadron of about one hundred and twenty who could look hot in the issue sandpaper skirt.[/QUOT
When i read the thread title it came to mind of jumping from taxis after a heavy night down the Altstadt in Dusseldorf. A regular course of action to avoid paying for a service, second only to eating beer mats with ticks on and replacing them with beermats on which you'd drawn your own ticks. German bar owners are such trusting souls...
Way back when, when I was 12-14yrs or so and it was my old man's weekend to have some time with his son and heir I jumped down from the passenger seat of my old man's VW camper before he'd come to a complete stop in an effort to look cool and a bit Arnie and, in misjudging the speed, lost my footing and got dragged along the verge as I managed to keep a hold on the door handle instead of going down in the dirt. I got mud on my strides and bent the handle down, incurring the ire of my old man and, when he dropped me off back home at the end of the day, the wrath of my old dear. Other than some muddy trouser cuffs, some pulled shoulder muscles and a wedge of dented pride I suffered no injury.

Does this help the OP's research...?
Thanks for that NSP, you and others have made this utterly pointless thread actually worth reading, which is a feat in itself.

To the OP, soldiers are just like everyone else, sometimes they climb off vehicles, sometimes, especially when in a rush, they vault, and sometimes it goes Pete Tong.

For my own part, an Ill-advised vault off a lorry with a box of bananas resulted in a searing pain between bollocks and arse when I was at work as a lad. I curled up in the street in agony, and I've found that I avoid doing it now so as not to create the same effect.

I also dismounted an agricultural tractor in a leapy fashion and executed a near-perfect para-roll on impact with terra firma, despite being completely unfamiliar with the concept as a result of it occurring before Janet Ellis stepped wilfully off of a perfectly serviceable aircraft at altitude for the benefit of Blue Peter viewers.

Does this help the OP with their research...?

Jumping like this was obviously an act of bravado, which if landed badly with kit would result in a broken ankle, limb, disjointing, cartilage tear etc, even possibly disabled somewhat for life.

Troops_of_the_2nd_Monmouthshire_Regiment_leap_from_their_Universal_carrier_during_an_exercise_near_Newry_in_Northern_Ireland%2C_26_April_1941._H9234.jpg

Is this kind of jumping now forbidden, troops being obligated to lower themselves to the ground?

Following maalarox Q and A sessions, is acceptable to have 2 sausages? And is it acceptable to jump in any direction, any place and any where after consumption of two sausages?

What happens if you add pink wafers to the mix?

And will the Jewish soldier wimmin be able to do any of this?

@Maalox you are a **** head.