JULIE BIRCHILL'S BOOK ON "CANCEL CULTURE" IS CANCELLED BY PUBLISHER...

chimera

LE
Forget the poo poo thread. As the OP predicted, the ideal home for this one is the hole.

As the aforementioned OP, I am surprised it has stayed in the CA forum for so long, although I didn't think it would go quite in the direction it has.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
As the aforementioned OP, I am surprised it has stayed in the CA forum for so long, although I didn't think it would go quite in the direction it has.

Once MissingOTC turned up it was inevitable but you've achieved your aim.

Burchill's been no platformed by the mentality which loathes an alternative view but can't sustain an argument and MissingOTC has given us all a practical demonstration of that mentality in action.

The creature seems to claim some sort of academic status, which is sad if true but probably not unexpected in an age when Germaine Greer gets no platformed for sexism.

If he lasts, he'll take some beating for SPOTY 2021.

MissingOTC

War Hero
Once MissingOTC turned up it was inevitable but you've achieved your aim.

Burchill's been no platformed by the mentality which loathes an alternative view but can't sustain an argument and MissingOTC has given us all a practical demonstration of that mentality in action.

The creature seems to claim some sort of academic status, which is sad if true but probably not unexpected in an age when Germaine Greer gets no platformed for sexism.

If he lasts, he'll take some beating for SPOTY 2021.

Hi, "The creature" here OP, my apologies if the thread has been derailed, I will take my part of the responsibility for it. If you have and hour and a strong mug of tea, I hope you will be able to analyse the thread the fact that I sought to portray Birchill's book cancellation not as an example of "cancel culture" but as an example of

1) A commercial publication decision
2) A reaction to the fact her mindless rantings may not sell that well anymore

In between all this we got embroiled in a historical argument about how awful Islam has been and how wonderful Christianity has been through the ages (apologies for the childish comment here but I really feel I won that bit)

It's really important (in my opinion anyway) that debates like this are kept alive, it gives us a wonderful opportunity to exchange alternative opinions, learn new facts, see different points of view and as a added side bonus realise who is a c**t (Here's looking at you Former Fyrdman).

My very best wishes

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi, "The creature" here OP, my apologies if the thread has been derailed, I will take my part of the responsibility for it. If you have and hour and a strong mug of tea, I hope you will be able to analyse the thread the fact that I sought to portray Birchill's book cancellation not as an example of "cancel culture" but as an example of

1) A commercial publication decision
2) A reaction to the fact her mindless rantings may not sell that well anymore

In between all this we got embroiled in a historical argument about how awful Islam has been and how wonderful Christianity has been through the ages (apologies for the childish comment here but I really feel I won that bit)

It's really important (in my opinion anyway) that debates like this are kept alive, it gives us a wonderful opportunity to exchange alternative opinions, learn new facts, see different points of view and as a added side bonus realise who is a c**t (Here's looking at you Former Fyrdman).

My very best wishes

If @chimera reads your post, his eyes will bleed at your illiteracy and you may need to explain your use of 'c**t' as a personal insult in the Current Affairs forum.

Re Burchill (please note the correct spelling of her name), it seems that the publisher in question has stumped up a tidy sum in compensation with nothing to show for it and that other publishers are keen to step in.

What's it like to be wrong about everything?

MissingOTC

War Hero
If @chimera reads your post, his eyes will bleed at your illiteracy and you may need to explain your use of 'c**t' as a personal insult in the Current Affairs forum.

Re Burchill (please note the correct spelling of her name), it seems that the publisher in question has stumped up a tidy sum in compensation with nothing to show for it and that other publishers are keen to step in.

Me, me, me look at me.

MissingOTC

War Hero

You are sir, an utter fake and a fraud, it's clear you have used the anonymity of the internet to pose as a lecturer and dare I even say ex - serviceman. It's clear that despite frequent requests by myself for you to post any evidence to support your claims of a Muslim culture of "gang rape" and "support for terror" in the UK you have failed to do this. You have even made claims that your "wife" has anecdotal evidence pertaining to Islam and the UK, yet despite this you seem unable to come up with a single source to support your argument.

I now wash my hands of you, but maybe thus thread can act as a warning for forum members of how accepting we may be of people on face value on the internet.....

You are sir, an utter fake and a fraud, it's clear you have used the anonymity of the internet to pose as a lecturer and dare I even say ex - serviceman. It's clear that despite frequent requests by myself for you to post any evidence to support your claims of a Muslim culture of "gang rape" and "support for terror" in the UK you have failed to do this. You have even made claims that your "wife" has anecdotal evidence pertaining to Islam and the UK, yet despite this you seem unable to come up with a single source to support your argument.

I now wash my hands of you, but maybe thus thread can act as a warning for forum members of how accepting we may be of people on face value on the internet.....
One town, one gang you may be right.
Two towns, two gangs you are probably wrong.
Multiples of towns, multiple gangs your flat out wrong about the culture.

Were the gangs ordinary criminals that belong in any culture, or something else. A part criminal element providing treats to community leaders as a payoff, in lieu of an ordinary cash bribe and were there links between the gangs across regions (county lines for paedos).

The religious angle is interesting, because it was constantly referenced by the girls and the establishment chose to ignore that fact and write it off as incidental.

MissingOTC

War Hero
One town, one gang you may be right.
Two towns, two gangs you are probably wrong.
Multiples of towns, multiple gangs your flat out wrong about the culture.

Were the gangs ordinary criminals that belong in any culture, or something else. A part criminal element providing treats to community leaders as a payoff, in lieu of an ordinary cash bribe and were there links between the gangs across regions (county lines for paedos).

The religious angle is interesting, because it was constantly referenced by the girls and the establishment chose to ignore that fact and write it off as incidental.

1.4 million UK Muslims

So no, I am not wrong about the culture.

1.4 million UK Muslims

So no, I am not wrong about the culture.
Contrast with the 'catholic' or 'Scouts' or 'Anglican' - note we use the word Catholic/Scout/Anglican, which also represents millions of innocents. The scandal was less the minority of priests, but the cover up in the church.

These gangs and the people who used the girls, defined themselves as Muslim to the girls. I agreed with you, that they're aren't in fact muslim, but how else would you like them defined ? and has the local community ostracised them and driven them from the mosques, or even went to the police to expose them for the terrible crimes ???

Slime

LE

I might need to read this thread more carefully. Now I have seen you criticise someone for hiding behind anonymity I realise I must have missed you telling us exactly who you are.

All I have noticed is your anonymous internet avatar.

Luckily though, I know other ARRSE posters in real life so the ‘face value’ issue you mention isn’t an issue for me.

HCL

LE
I might need to read this thread more carefully. Now I have seen you criticise someone for hiding behind anonymity I realise I must have missed you telling us exactly who you are.

Luckily though, I know other ARRSE posters in real life so the ‘face value’ issue you mention isn’t an issue for me.

Fella, the deflection and reflection of other posters, the weird syntax, and the goading to try and get posters to cross the line and earn ROPs is narrowing the sock meisters down. Won't be long before we know.

MissingOTC

War Hero

Your love life really is not the issue in debate here.

MissingOTC

War Hero
Contrast with the 'catholic' or 'Scouts' or 'Anglican' - note we use the word Catholic/Scout/Anglican, which also represents millions of innocents. The scandal was less the minority of priests, but the cover up in the church.

These gangs and the people who used the girls, defined themselves as Muslim to the girls. I agreed with you, that they're aren't in fact muslim, but how else would you like them defined ? and has the local community ostracised them and driven them from the mosques, or even went to the police to expose them for the terrible crimes ???

I am not saying they are not Muslim (although personally I do not think anyone capable of such vile acts can truly believe in God), we were talking about this small minority being representative of UK Muslims

Slime

LE
Fella, the deflection and reflection of other posters, the weird syntax, and the goading to try and get posters to cross the line and earn ROPs is narrowing the sock meisters down. Won't be long before we know.

I don’t actually care. :)

It was very apparent early on that Missing OTC had nothing sensible or constructive to add to this thread.

But, it’s nearly Christmas so if their style of posting is bringing them some kind of happiness then let them carry on pleasing them self.

No one here seems to be taking them seriously :)