JULIE BIRCHILL'S BOOK ON "CANCEL CULTURE" IS CANCELLED BY PUBLISHER...

chimera

LE

philc

LE
I read the comments, mostly about the age of one of the Prophets wives, which everyone knows was young, around 7 being the age. Again she was commenting on a religion, not a race.

It’s the old Free Speech argument, however with the publicity the book will do well no doubt.

The most important question is would pike?

I had to look up what went on.

The wokerati go ape over some daft jokey comments by Rod Liddle ages ago, yet when Burchill reasonably points out that Mo-Ham-Head actually did have a penchant for little girls, they went nuts and the perpetually offended shitbag Sarker couldn't deal with it...

...and they took sides with Sarker.

Another publisher/company to boycott.

Last edited:
If it's been cancelled because a bunch of Twatterites got upset, then it's more than likely the book is full of facts.

Not that I am that much of a fan of hers, but when it does get published, I will buy a copy just on principle.

I hope it goes to the top of the best seller list and stays there for months.

"But Burchill got embroiled with a row with fellow writer Ash Sarkar."
For that reason alone, I’ve put the book on my Amazon Wish List. I’m no fan of Burchill, who has always been an opinionated gobshite, but if she’s upset Sarkar, then I’ll get it on the principle that my enemies enemy is my friend!
Sarkar is on another level and I can’t stand the gobby harridan and also detest the way she is indulged by our compliant MSM. A female version of Owen Jones (another opinionated gobshite).
Nurse! My meds please.

Last edited:

DarkBrig

War Hero
Every now and again I think ill give twitter a go then I read something like this and then think, No, ignorance is bliss.

I think Animal Farm failed to get a publisher for ages because of sensibilities getting in the way. Not that I'm comparing Burghill with Orwell.

Companies need to look after themselves because being accused of islamophobia or being part of that can cost lives.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
If it's been cancelled because a bunch of Twatterites got upset, then it's more than likely the book is full of facts.
As it's been written by Julie Burchill, I very much doubt that. Oh, it's ridiculous that her book has been "cancelled" because it blasphemes against the new gods, but if it has to happen to somebody, it's vaguely satisfying that it's happened to Ms Burchill.

As it's been written by Julie Burchill, I very much doubt that. Oh, it's ridiculous that her book has been "cancelled" because it blasphemes against the new gods, but if it has to happen to somebody, it's vaguely satisfying that it's happened to Ms Burchill.
Got to be honest with you, I don't even know who she is, but I will now do some research.

with the publicity the book will do well no doubt.
It's hardly gonna fly off the shelves without a publisher.

Here's the thing.

It's one thing to say "I disagree with every word you say, but I will defend to the hilt your right to say it", which is what I understand to be fundamental to free speech, it's quite another for [insert name here] to assume [insert name here] is absolutely entitled to have sh1tty, virulent opinions marketed by professionals, and another thing altogether for a publisher to say "This person [insert name here] is truly toxic, but with the right packaging, we can make a sh1tload of money out of the sh1te they are purveying, so let's not worry about what they're peddling".

Standards - you either got 'em, or you don't.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It's hardly gonna fly off the shelves without a publisher.

Here's the thing.

It's one thing to say "I disagree with every word you say, but I will defend to the hilt your right to say it", which is what I understand to be fundamental to free speech, it's quite another for [insert name here] to assume [insert name here] is absolutely entitled to have sh1tty, virulent opinions marketed by professionals, and another thing altogether for a publisher to say "This person [insert name here] is truly toxic, but with the right packaging, we can make a sh1tload of money out of the sh1te they are purveying, so let's not worry about what they're peddling".

Standards - you either got 'em, or you don't.
It's a Struggle.