Julian Assange Gets Asylum

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 2
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Jet Pack?

I was under the impression that once he stepped outside of the embassy he could be lifted by the police without hindrance as he doesn't have diplomatic immunity.

The whole asylum thing still seems a very odd step to take when you've never actually been charged with anything though.
  3. Will be interesting seeing how they try and get him out of the country.
  4. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

FedEx or DHL
    • Like Like x 2
  5. He is convinced the US have a sealed indictment against him. There is some anecdotal evidence to suggest they might but it would be very unusual to indict him and not extradite him from the UK (as I've said numerous times).

No doubt the cranks will be along shortly to disagree with me.
  6. Good, as if he raped anyone, the **** looks like he couldn't rape a hula hoop.

Bet he's dead by Xmas though.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. In a North Face holdall no doubt ;o)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. An ideal country for him to pursue his search for the truth. 'Corruption, inefficiency, and political influence have plagued the Ecuadorian judiciary...' (Human Rights Watch)

Send him there and let him expose 'the truth'. Twat.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

That was my impression too. Given that he's broken the terms of his bail, I would have thought that every copper and his dog between central London and Heathrow would be keen to give it a go to get him into custody.
  10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Yes, I did mention on the other, older thread that he's clearly a very scared individual but as you say, our lot aren't exactly stalwart bastions of refusal when it comes to extradition requests so you'd expect him to feel safer in Sweden.
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Er, a 40' box can be a 'diplomatic bag' if you say it is a diplomatic bag. So can a caravan although I have never tried to pull that one. Do a Google on the Libyan Embassy bollocks where an innocent copper died and the murderers walked free. Immunity means immunity. If he sets foot on UK soil I am sure special branch will collar him. But he will not set foot on UK soil. He'll go out in a bag.

Or possibly in a jet-ski. By a spooky coincidence, I have one for sale.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. TBH I think we'll let him leave, passport stamped "good riddance" on the way out.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I have read in detail the facts of the case (in so far as they are already known) of the rape allegation and it does not seem to me to be a robust case the Swedes have against him. It thus makes even less sense to me why he has not gone to face the allegations. He was never going to get asylum from extradition to the US here in the UK.

Good luck to him in Ecuador, if he gets there.
  14. Err, thanks.