Juicing

Was bored and floating through You-tube and saw this;

Basically about a bloke trying to cure his allergies, detox and secondary drop a load of weight off.

Drinking the Juice from this lot

There are plenty of variations of juicing veggies and fruit to do as many on the tinterweb

So thought I would give it ago, 1 cheap £30 juicer from Argos and £30 worth of veggies/fruit, and I'm on Day Two so far, the cravings have almost snapped me.

Going to try for 30 days, unless it zaps me PT wise.

But has anyone else tried it ?

Last edited:

llech

LE
We had some fella do this juice crap at work, as 1st aider I had to take him to A&E with stomach ache, says it all really!

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Don't be soft, it's a silly fad.

See that 'crap' he pulled out of the machine?

You're supposed to eat that. It's called fibre and you want it.

Bin the juicer and get cooking.

I do. Although I use a smoothie maker rather than a juice maker because juice seems to make a lot of wastage. I personally have smoothies throughout the day and then a main meal in the evening. Though from what I understand if you do the juice reboot, you need to follow recipes so you still get the right amount of fibre ([soluble] fibre is still in the juice), iron and other vitamins etc.

Though the main theme I've seen in real life, as in the video, and maybe it'll even appear on this thread, is the attitudes of others when they see you want to cut out processed food, sugar etc, and eat healthy.

I was brow beaten into juicing (got nasty psoriatic arthritis)

I got bought a nutri bullet.

Utterly bullet/bootneck proof machine. Grinds the **** out of everything, no waste

Kept it simple, green stuff (kale, spinach) a banana an apple, coconut water, and a bunch of ground up " super nuts, berries" what ever the **** from holland and barret.

One jug a day at breakfast to wash all my pills down.

I feel better for it, arthritis has backed off ( pure anecdotal stuff, could be a million reasons why)

Key thing is it has stopped my pills ******* my stomach, which is a result

Bottom line is, its easy, simple as feck and more fruit, veg and all the fibre can't be a bad thing.

Eating clean As well

Loads of bullshit on the interweb about curing alsorts , not really bothered its just a decent way to eat a bit healthier

And probably has a placebo effect as I. Am "taking control" etc

I'm currently on a cross channel ferry drinking juiced and fermented apples and watching an Olly Muir impersonator

Can life get much better............

I'm off to float test myself

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
We had some fella do this juice crap at work, as 1st aider I had to take him to A&E with stomach ache, says it all really!
And I bet that's putting it politely!

L

lumpy2

You are Gillian McKeith and I claim my five quid and a free laminated copy of the Bristol Stool Chart. :)

Yes, have tried it. You can't suddenly launch into it if you've been on a typical Western diet. The toxins it will throw up will put your system under strain. The teeth and tongue became coated in fuzz, headaches, perspiration and urine becomes very smelly and in sever cases you can shake. If you also juice on fruit only it can send your blood sugars all over the place. Built up to it slowly by replacing one meal with juice (preferably vegetables) and take it from there.

Yes, have tried it. You can't suddenly launch into it if you've been on a typical Western diet. The toxins it will throw up will put your system under strain. The teeth and tongue became coated in fuzz, headaches, perspiration and urine becomes very smelly and in sever cases you can shake. If you also juice on fruit only it can send your blood sugars all over the place. Built up to it slowly by replacing one meal with juice (preferably vegetables) and take it from there.
I think thats meant to be the main thing with the juice, to have hardly any fruit because of the sugar content etc. Although I know if I miss having a green smoothie for a couple of days and then get back into it, it'll take a while for my guts etc, to get used to eating the raw veg. Although the research I've seen apparently shows there's benefits to including raw veg in your diet too.

The Mean Green is 80% Veg 20% Fruit, the Red One is called Warrior Princess with
1/2 a regular sized red cabbage
1/2 small watermelon
2 oranges
and Fennel (which I couldnt find)
Zico is Coconut water

L

lumpy2

Serious question, what's wrong with simply eating veg, either steamed or raw, instead of one of your "normal" meals? What's the benefit of pureeing it? Surely there's a reason we have teeth?!

Sorry it just seems like another gimmick to me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Cookery 32

Latest Threads