Judge tells paedo to buy bike for victim

here
Daily Telepraph said:
Judge tells paedophile to buy bike for girl, 6
By Laura Clout
Last Updated: 8:09am GMT 03/02/2007

Children's charities have attacked the decision of a judge who freed a paedophile and told him to buy his six-year-old victim a new bicycle to "cheer her up".

Eric Cole, who has a previous conviction for sexually assaulting a child, admitted touching the girl as she played in a garden.

Judge Julian Hall gave the 71-year-old a nine-month suspended sentence and ordered him to pay £250 compensation, telling him: "If it buys her a new bicycle, that's the sort of thing that might cheer her up."

advertisementElaine Peace, UK director of children's services for NCH, said: "Any proposal by a serving judge that a sex attack on a child can be compensated by a gift is wholly unacceptable and shows a complete lack of understanding of the severity of the effects of sexual abuse on a child."

Oxford Crown Court heard how the girl's mother interrupted the attack in Barton, Oxon, last July 31.

Cole, from Bedford, was jailed for 15 months in 1998 for assaulting a 12-year-old girl and earlier this year admitted sexual assault on a child under 13.

Judge Hall also ordered him to attend a sexual offenders programme, and banned him from being alone with children under 16 for five years.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
That's pathetic and dangerous. The child might wind up feeling empathy or gratitude towards the perv. He might has well ordered te bloke to buy the child a bag of sweets!

rockape34 said:
here
Daily Telepraph said:
Judge tells paedophile to buy bike for girl, 6
By Laura Clout
Last Updated: 8:09am GMT 03/02/2007

Children's charities have attacked the decision of a judge who freed a paedophile and told him to buy his six-year-old victim a new bicycle to "cheer her up".

Eric Cole, who has a previous conviction for sexually assaulting a child, admitted touching the girl as she played in a garden.

Judge Julian Hall gave the 71-year-old a nine-month suspended sentence and ordered him to pay £250 compensation, telling him: "If it buys her a new bicycle, that's the sort of thing that might cheer her up."

advertisementElaine Peace, UK director of children's services for NCH, said: "Any proposal by a serving judge that a sex attack on a child can be compensated by a gift is wholly unacceptable and shows a complete lack of understanding of the severity of the effects of sexual abuse on a child."

Oxford Crown Court heard how the girl's mother interrupted the attack in Barton, Oxon, last July 31.

Cole, from Bedford, was jailed for 15 months in 1998 for assaulting a 12-year-old girl and earlier this year admitted sexual assault on a child under 13.

Judge Hall also ordered him to attend a sexual offenders programme, and banned him from being alone with children under 16 for five years.

This is absolutely disgusting the judge is making it sound as if he is dismissing what happened to this innocent little girl .
And buying her a bike to cheer her up is even more sick it makes my skin crawl

I know it is traumatic enough for a adult to be be S.a. by another adult but doing this to a child will give her nightmares for life

When I was a kid I would have let someone fangle me for a new Diamond back or Amaco GT.

"Tough on Crime and Tough on the Causes of Crime". Remember who said that ? I can't remember his name but he was 'a straight sort of guy'.
Perhaps fiddlng with little girls is no longer a crime ? It possibly contravenes some European Soviet Union Diktat on the Rights of the Perverted Individual.
Give us all strength !

I'd have been chuffed to get a bike! All I got was a bag of sweeties and a dose. Kids these days they dunno how good they get it.

I reckon the police should be having a close look at this Judges computer hard drive . Sounds like he may well be a paedo himself giving out a sentence like that

A bike with a spaedo. It tells you how paedophilic the local area is as you ride through.

Really, though, that judge is a bit of an arrse. Poor girl suffered enough without having something material that she can forever associate with that sick mofo. Cut his nadgers off, I say.

michaelwallis said:
Well even the police are getting onto the "Paedo special"
A police inspector wants adults to be legally allowed to have sex with children !
Don't believe me ?
Read about it:

http://www.navigor.org.uk/navigor/police/clive-murray.php

What's the betting this evil b***ard will be first in line to shag little girls ?

It really makes you want to vomit !!

All over them !
If I join your org and become a cyber warrior do I get a "paedo slayer badge" and can I wear my pants over the top of my trousers ?

Maybe the judge is a closet kiddie fondler? This is akin to telling the shooter in a school yard massacre to buy the families of the victims toy guns so they can soothe their pain by thinking of the generosity of the shooter.

No worse than this .

SIDNEY, Neb. May 25, 2006 (AP)— A judge said a 5-foot-1 man convicted of sexually assaulting a child was too small to survive in prison, and gave him 10 years of probation instead.

His crimes deserved a long sentence, District Judge Kristine Cecava said, but she worried that Richard W. Thompson, 50, would be especially imperiled by prison dangers.

"You are a sex offender, and you did it to a child," she said.

But, she said, "That doesn't make you a hunter. You do not fit in that category."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2005870

Devil_Dog said:
No worse than this .

SIDNEY, Neb. May 25, 2006 (AP)— A judge said a 5-foot-1 man convicted of sexually assaulting a child was too small to survive in prison, and gave him 10 years of probation instead.

His crimes deserved a long sentence, District Judge Kristine Cecava said, but she worried that Richard W. Thompson, 50, would be especially imperiled by prison dangers.

"You are a sex offender, and you did it to a child," she said.

But, she said, "That doesn't make you a hunter. You do not fit in that category."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2005870
How can people think like that? This is what happens when education is ingrain as a priority instead of life experience. Too many of them types around.

Oh oh oh! I'm 5'10 can I play with the midget pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease dad? I won't hurt him...

...much.