Judge says MOD hang your head in shame as 1.7 million award is made

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BounceBanana, Jan 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. £1.7m for Afghanistan soldier Stuart Pearson who lost leg in minefield | Mail Online

I have to say "Well done" and "Thank you" to a young man for both his bravery and for nailing the MOD.

A few years ago one of the Royal Marines, injured in the IRA bombing at Deal in 89, issued a cause for further compensation and MOD settled out of court by paying a six figure sum.

It seemed to me at the time that MOD knew that if an action for prior negligence developed then it would succeed and could pave the way for more such actions. Now a Para has done it. I don't know if he turned down an out opf court offer. But if he did so and got that day in court he deserves another medal.

And thanks to Uncle Sam for coming in with helicopters fit for purpose.

2. Its a crying shame the system needs challenging. BUT PUNISH THE ******* I SAY!!!!

Won't get his leg back though.

I'm currently working with civvies who's only ****ing motivation to look after the lads is potential future financial penalties

If you feel seen off you'll fight back its human nature, if the MOD didn't leave blokes feeling like they'd been seen off they'd have less of this to contend with

3. I know stu "wee wee man" very well. Good to see he got his day. Very scandalous how the MOD tried to pin the blame on members of the patrol during the internal enquiry. Bet the tight Gail Tillsly look a like will still jack on the rounds during the next Fan Dance. :)

4. I thought the more telling part was about the MOD spending £40,000,000 a year on lawyers.

5. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Another national disgrace, but by now we should all be used to the MOD crapping on us, look what the did to the PTSD claims, uh nothing, they got the law changed to block ex-squaddys making claims, bunch of cnuts

6. But the real pisser on this is that scum prisoners that will take the Gov to court over their right to vote will get more than a squaddie who has bits of himself missing.

7. Good man, when in doubt take the MoD to court....

8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It beggars belief. Given the crap legal advice it has clearly been given on this and many other issues maybe it should sue the fcukers and get some of the money back.

9. Not a good idea, it would simply become a win/win for the legal eagles.