Judge Jeffreys and the Kangaroo are back!

They say that every cloud has a silver lining ...... I could not help but chuckle at the ultra fast track, all night court sittings held around the country last night to deal with yobs failed attempt at "coup de gras"!

Reminded me of classic Kangaroo - Judge Jeffreys style justice!

Such a shame that we stopped hanging in this country! :)

They may get to court faster but the law is still the same and so is their rights. The hurry is so that they can be kept locked up and not given bail before the riot is over.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Can't see the point of all the effort just to sentence them to a day in prison and release them immediately. Ah well, at least the lawyers are making money and that's what matters.

Can't see the point of all the effort just to sentence them to a day in prison and release them immediately. Ah well, at least the lawyers are making money and that's what matters.
If they are convicted and sentenced, no matter how short the time, then there are further consequences.

Some where on here was a post about council houses/benefits etc etc that will be affected if you are a convicted prisoner - even if only for one day.

So if the above is correct then it probably is worth the trouble?

They say that every cloud has a silver lining ...... I could not help but chuckle at the ultra fast track, all night court sittings held around the country last night to deal with yobs failed attempt at "coup de gras"!

Reminded me of classic Kangaroo - Judge Jeffreys style justice!

Such a shame that we stopped hanging in this country! :)
What the **** is a "coup de gras?"

If they are convicted and sentenced, no matter how short the time, then there are further consequences.

Some where on here was a post about council houses/benefits etc etc that will be affected if you are a convicted prisoner - even if only for one day.

Hazel Blears has been on North West News saying that anyone convicted of a criminal offence during the Salford riots will be evicted. Let's hope she keeps her word.

What the **** is a "coup de gras?"
The coup de grâce (French: blow of mercy) is intended to put a wounded creature out its misery.

However, I think our friend may have meant coup d'état, which is the overthrow of a government.

Personally, I would prefer to see the rioters given the former...

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

Yeah it's great kick 'em out of the council house and move them into a private rented near some decent folk and let's see how the neighbourhood declines.

The coup de grâce (French: blow of mercy) is intended to put a wounded creature out its misery.

However, I think our friend may have meant coup d'état, which is the overthrow of a government.

Personally, I would prefer to see the rioters given the former...
Maybe he meant a Coup de main - on Currys and the like of course, in which they were mostly succesfull.

Yeah it's great kick 'em out of the council house and move them into a private rented near some decent folk and let's see how the neighbourhood declines.
I wouldn't worry about that...there are some lovely properties on Skye that they could be moved into:

As opposed to Mardi Gras (almost rhymes with lardy da) which means Pancake Tuesday.

The building societies will of course also be forclosing on the mortgages of any who happen to be home owners?

Or would that be too outragious, that's the whole point of having a them 'n us afterall.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I wouldn't worry about that...there are some lovely properties on Skye that they could be moved into:

You know and I know that they'll be moved into a better property than they are already in, then they'll terrorise a neighbourhood and turn it into a ghetto. We will of course be so kind and pay the rent. I really can't see them stopping their dole money it would be against ...... you know it.

If your are taken into custody your benefit is suspended, if convicted it stops because your food and lodgings are being provided for. No benefit no housing benefit until you are released at which point you have to make a fresh claim. JSA claims take around four weeks to process.

If you are charged and remanded the claim still stays closed until you are convicted or found not guilty as this time is used by courts as time served. Sadly if found not guilty the money and housing benefit will be backdated.

Either way it is a right **** around for them and even getting a claim taken off suspend takes time.

Been about a year since I dealt with benefits but that's how it used to be.

I'm not a fan of the late Judge Jeffreys - I would have supported The Duke of Monmouth.

Passing Wimbledon Magistrates Court earlier today, I was treated to the sight of assorted idiots, accompanied by the mothers, who had clearly been collared by the bloody good efforts of the 'Met' and other Police Forces.

The commonality: scruffy, ill-kempt, pimply 'yuff' and weeping, overweight matrons. Very few fathers in evidence. Probably the fathers had yet to appear before the magistrates!

The Blair-Brown-Balls Terror has rendered this country practically ungovernable - aided and abetted by the European Soviet Union's deliberate efforts to destroy our sovereignty and independence.

Until we can adopt serious deterrents to wrong-doers; make prisons places to avoid at all costs; and, allow sufficiently lengthy sentences, we shall continue to be plagued by the rodent class that is strongly established in our society.