Jubilee Medal Confusion, lets rule people out rather than in.

Discussion in 'Medals' started by Moon_Monkey_Spunk, Aug 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Due to the 860 posts in relation to the criteria for the Diamond Jubilee Medal I thought it would be easier to just name Indiviuals / Trades who should NOT be issued one due to their lack of service to the Queen.

Here's my starter for 10;

Tony fookin Blair.
  2. Every one.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sprogs with less than 5 years in...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anyone who served during the Cold War without ever going anywhere more dangerous than Munster High Street.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. All those CS twats that bleat on about how hard they work even though they're not in the green. Blah Blah Blah
    I WAS ONLY JOKING!!!!!!!!!
    SNCO's and WO's who've never deployed in their whole careers (You know who You are!)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Parade the whole Army on Horseguards on the morning after the Jubilee for a Royal Rumble. Final 1,000 standing get a medal, the rest don't.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Why not? Bleddy dangerous those Turks were.
  8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I do think that medals should be reserved for something a bit special. How about ruling out anyone who has not volunteered to deploy? Anyone who just sat around on their arrse waiting to be sent shouldn't qualify for another medal. Reserve it for those who say 'I'll go, even though I don't have to'.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Will the Women's Olympic beach volley ball teams be there too to muck in?

That I would like to see

Sod the Medal :)

PocketComms - Language First Aid at your Fingertips
  10. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Stabs who although have served 5 years but have only actually worn uniform for 2 months of that time.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Any body for whom this would be their first medal.

Anybody who only has a LS&GM - looks **** LSGM & QDJM
  12. I like the idea but it would mean that the majority of the Regular Army would miss out - how many regular soldiers actually volunteer to go on Ops??
  13. Anyone with more than 10 already... it's fcuking costly to mount these beauties you know. Two sets needed too.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anyone who isn't Infantry and any Infantry that haven't done a Telic or Herrick
    • Like Like x 1