Jubilee Flotilla

Watching this on the Beeb. Top quality mindless drivel from their Z list presenters. Any chance one of the boats will sink, it might liven proceedings up a bit. Phil would doubtless make a suitable comment.

Watching this on the Beeb. Top quality mindless drivel from their Z list presenters. Any chance one of the boats will sink, it might liven proceedings up a bit.
That's the only reason I'm watching it. I'm waiting for something to kick off.

(Oh, and letching at Matt Baker).

The shit weather has proved to be in keeping with the tedious inevitibilty of any major British event being a bit naff.

See also - The Olympics.

Ther shit weather has proved to be in keeping with the tedious inevitibilty of any major British event being a bit naff.

See also - The Olympics.
Please let it piss it down for the entire duration of the O£ympics, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please :wink:

Hmm, just to make absolutely certain it's a complete disaster, yes, I like the cut of your jib. Fuck this Beeb drivel is starting to rub off on me. Luvvie cunts.

On a related matter, is life as mind-numbingly boring in the Andrew as it is watching the "exciting" goings on this afternoon?

BBC News 24 & Sky News have both been covering this non event nonstop since Friday. I've lost count of the references to Dunkirk and Brittania ruling the waves from presenters desperate to find something to say.

It's typically British, it's all a bit dull, it's pissing down with rain and all the Huns have been in Brenda's dressing up box again.

Surely there is something more entertaining they could put on than three hours of a damp octoganerian waving at peasants.

...it's all a bit dull...
Given to understatement are you? Fuck me, I'd rather listen to SWMBO talking at me.

Edit: Needless to say, she's all agog at it and giving me the evil eye at my every utterance. So not a complete waste of an afternoon then.

T

trowel

"Acid Rain"? Is that the best punishment you can envisage for the tossers who take part in this farce. I would think that if the participants were hosed down with machine guns as they minced into the stadium would be far more viewer friendly.

Watched this shite for ten minutes now, and doff my hat to the 'Old Dear' who's had to endure a whole fucking day of it.

She's nails.

Despite the utter banality of the TV presenters, I am actually enjoying the whole event. To see both banks of the Thames for mile upon mile bedecked with Union flags and thousands upon thousands of spectators is one in the eye for all those sour-faced Republicans and their ilk. I watched a dork called Medhi Hasan on The Big Questions show this morning whinging about how he had not "voted" for her and he would much rather have a President. Polly Toynbee was dripping the same shit yesterday. Sod the lot of them!
I personally hope her Majesty has had a great day out and long may she reign.