Jubilee Flotilla

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Civvy Scum, Jun 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watching this on the Beeb. Top quality mindless drivel from their Z list presenters. Any chance one of the boats will sink, it might liven proceedings up a bit. Phil would doubtless make a suitable comment.
  2. That's the only reason I'm watching it. I'm waiting for something to kick off.

(Oh, and letching at Matt Baker).
  3. From what I've read on here, that would wipe the idiotic grin off his face...
  4. The shit weather has proved to be in keeping with the tedious inevitibilty of any major British event being a bit naff.

See also - The Olympics.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I think a clip on mic for Phil would be essential if ARRSE planned it.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. What`s a mat baker?
  7. Don't get smart Shovel. I'm still in garden rage mode.
  8. Please let it piss it down for the entire duration of the O£ympics, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please :wink:
    • Like Like x 9
  9. Acid rain?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Nuclear rain - if we believe what we are told.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Hmm, just to make absolutely certain it's a complete disaster, yes, I like the cut of your jib. Fuck this Beeb drivel is starting to rub off on me. Luvvie cunts.

On a related matter, is life as mind-numbingly boring in the Andrew as it is watching the "exciting" goings on this afternoon?
  12. BBC News 24 & Sky News have both been covering this non event nonstop since Friday. I've lost count of the references to Dunkirk and Brittania ruling the waves from presenters desperate to find something to say.

It's typically British, it's all a bit dull, it's pissing down with rain and all the Huns have been in Brenda's dressing up box again.

Surely there is something more entertaining they could put on than three hours of a damp octoganerian waving at peasants.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I am waiting for the twat from the boat race to show up.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Given to understatement are you? Fuck me, I'd rather listen to SWMBO talking at me.

Edit: Needless to say, she's all agog at it and giving me the evil eye at my every utterance. So not a complete waste of an afternoon then.
  15. Someone who bakes Mats perchance!?