JSP765 (COMPENSATION SCHEME) and ABBREVIATIONS

AFCS Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
AFPAA Armed Forces Personnel Administration Agency.
AFPS 75 Armed Forces Pension Scheme introduced in 1975.
AFPS 05 Armed Forces Pension Scheme introduced in 2005.
AG Adjutant General.
APRPI All Prices Retail Price Index.
CP Child’s Payment.
EDP Early Departure Payment.
FC Full Commitment.
FTRS Full Time Reserve Service.
GIP Guaranteed Income Payment.
HC Home Commitment.
IP Immediate Pension within AFPS 75.
JCCC Joint Casualty and Compassionate Cell.
JS Joint Service.
LC Limited Commitment.
MOD Ministry of Defence.
PIC Principal Invaliding Condition.
PAT Pensions Appeal Tribunal.
RFPS Reserve Forces Pension Scheme.
RPI Retail Price Index (see APRPI).
SGIP Survivor’s Guaranteed Income Payment.
SP Pol Pens Service Personnel Policy (Pensions).
SCC Social Security Commissioner.
VA Veterans Agency.
WPS War Pension Scheme.

APRPI All Prices Retail Price Index.
RPI Retail Price Index (see APRPI).
Thanks for posting this laamash, you'd think they would put something like this in the publication itself. I am confused by one thing though laamash, what is the difference between the APRPI and the RPI (apart from the obvious)?

Hi, I got a shortcut answer. If you want in details please let me know, I will send you with an example.

All Prices Retail Price Index includes council tax, mortgage interest payments, buildings insurance and house depreciation.
Retail Price Index weightings are based on Food Survey and ONS Expenditure.

Regards,

Thanks for posting this laamash, you'd think they would put something like this in the publication itself. I am confused by one thing though laamash, what is the difference between the APRPI and the RPI (apart from the obvious)?

All Prices Retail Price Index includes council tax, mortgage interest payments, buildings insurance and house depreciation.
I thought that was CPI, ah well...

Since you're on a roll, any idea what the difference is between irony and sarcasm?

oldbaldy

LE
Retail Price Index weightings are based on Food Survey and ONS Expenditure.

Regards,
No it's CPI

That's RPI

The CPI and RPI are both consumer price indices and the calculation of each uses much of the same basic price data. There are, however, some major differences:

The CPI excludes some goods and services included in the RPI. Vehicle licence and TV licence duty are excluded but more importantly some housing costs, including mortgage interest payments, household insurance and council tax (but not utility bills and rents), are excluded from the CPI and account for much of the difference between the indices.
The CPI includes some costs that are not in the RPI, such as charges for financial services, foreign exchange commission for tourists changing their own currency into sterling, foreign students’ university tuition fees, and university accommodation fees.
The CPI covers a broader population than the RPI, which excludes high-income households and low-income pensioners.
The mathematical formulae used to calculate the indices differ. For a given set of data, the method used for the CPI (geometric means) will show smaller changes than that used for the RPI (arithmetic means).

The Institute for Fiscal Studies explains that changes in the CPI tend to be lower than the RPI both because it excludes most housing costs and because it is calculated differently.

As Paymaster said laamlash, leave it to the experts.