JSP 752 ,travel warrants if medically down graded and not allowed to drive.

barneyrnsm

Old-Salt
As in the title however he is not on sick leave, just light duties. I remember when I was in the mob I received free travel warrants, but I was on sick leave, he is on light duties. Anyone heard or seen this before from JSP 752 or whatever the travel regs are now please? His CoC seem to be lacking somewhat in their duty of care, 6 days in hospital before visited by his boss, only happened because of the intervention of the DMWS welfare officer that happened to be visiting and rattled his chain of command.

Is he entitled to travel warrants as medically downgraded form driving please?

Yes.

But there is probably nuance that the UIN to used is the medical one rather than unit one. The med centre that downgraded him should be able to help.

I had a series of warrants/taxis after a car crash left me concussed for a couple weeks. Warrants and taxis home, then taxis/warrants to/from hospital.

Same here. After cardiac treatment I had regular followup appointments and wasn't permitted to drive. I could claim for public transport to hospital (door to door was easy) but I also had to go to the Defence Audiology Service in Gosport. My remote parent unit couldn't provide me MT so I was provided with a Mercedes limousine and driver on contract!

….. not specific on the regulations on whether or not a journey is at public expense etc, but on using warrants (unless used as a generic term for MoD paid travel, or the way that units operate travel arrangements.

The JSP also highlights that ‘warrants’ should only be used in urgent cases

Don’t laugh too loudly, but if an individual is allowed to setup their own login on the Army Travel Tool then they can make the actual arrangements and obtain tickets all by themselves. Even in minutes stood in a station with their phone, a pre-booked ticket dispenser and any random debit/credit card to make the machine work.

barneyrnsm

Old-Salt
….. not specific on the regulations on whether or not a journey is at public expense etc, but on using warrants (unless used as a generic term for MoD paid travel, or the way that units operate travel arrangements.

The JSP also highlights that ‘warrants’ should only be used in urgent cases

Don’t laugh too loudly, but if an individual is allowed to setup their own login on the Army Travel Tool then they can make the actual arrangements and obtain tickets all by themselves. Even in minutes stood in a station with their phone, a pre-booked ticket dispenser and any random debit/credit card to make the machine work.
I remember that starting, used to get cadets train tickets when I was a CFAV.

Latest Threads