JSP 480

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by WhiteHorse, Jun 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Anyone know where I can get an electronic copy of JSP 480? I don't yet have access to DII :roll: However it must be in the public domain as its given out to the potential contractors.

2. Whats its English name? (If my employer has a copy they would have used its normal name)
  3. I'm not sure, it deals with engineering standards for telecomms and data cabling within MoD sites.
  4. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

WH - are you on any Milnet legacy system (CHOTS, LAND CSSR, et al)? If so and you can get on the Army intrnet site, it is there under JSPs. Hope it helps. If you don't have a system that allows intranet then you are fooked.
  5. JSP 480 - In the public domain.
  6. mysteron

Chris - I did not know it was out there - you have just made my life in my company a lot easier!! Thanks very much. :thumleft:

I don't suppose there is a JSP 440 version out there to is there? :relax:
  7. Unfortunately JSP 440 is not available in the public domain (for obvious reasons?)

However, may I commend to you JSP 602 - specifically it's Security bits. It may be useful to use in association with 440.

I believe the general consensus is that if your job requires you to see JSP 440 then you will be given access to it!
  8. mysteron

Chris - you would have thought that those who do SC work for MoD a civilian contractors/companies would do so........... but no. There are unclassified bits of JSP 440 that have been made available - I had a link once but now lost it!!!

JSP 602 looks useful. Thanks very much.
  9. Cheers.. :D
  10. I recently completed a CIDA course with Atkins who you can get the JSP from, a worth while course and by all accounts useful in Civvi street for those thinking about joining government jobs