JSF/F-35 STOVL - developments ?

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by Goatman, Aug 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

One for the wafoos- with apologies for my dire ignorance of 'organic air'

[​IMG]

The Times, Saturday 06 Aug apparently carried a piece about possible cancellation by US DoD of the F-35 STOVL variant - which if I've got it straight (and that is by no means a given) is the ac which is/was set to replace the SHAR capability on the new non-ski flat-top carriers ?

Dumb Question #1 : how would this impact on UK capability ?

( and if the answer is a succinct 'Nothing to see here....move along' perhaps someone could explain WHY it isn't an issue for UK )

Can't find a link but grateful if anyone has seen and can reprint ( by kind permission Miss Rita Chevrolet obviously ) ?

Thanks

Goats

2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Further to my last, just last month:

SOURCE

3. Have you been in a coma since 2002?

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Nope .....but not in FONA's back pocket either, so excuse my lack of verstehen ..I've moved from Land via an IPT in the unlamented DLO to a former submarine base in that time.........do tell all Yokes - I genuinely wish to be edumacatorisated on this point.

Your post is as I anticipated - care to illuminate ?

5. Because SDSR switched us from F-35B to F-35C, and we're in the middle of arranging to trade our paid-for prototype F-35B for a production F-35C?

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Thanks G-B,

( so, steam catapult and arrester wire then ....but under no circs a navalised Typhoon....all makes perfect sense......)