JSC(TA) 2008?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by its_been_emotional, Sep 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Any of the knowledge-bearing Uber-arrsers out there know if there will be a JSC(TA) 2008?

If not, what will replace it?

Answers on a postcard please...

2. msr

msr LE

3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Selected for it, eh? How grand! I just filled in my details on a piece of paper and sent it off!

i_b_e,

I believe there is one running at the end of 2007, as I was speaking with someone who was booked on it. I believe it is in the next couple of weeks, so try phoning the course clerk direct. There are bound to be reserve spaces - they lost a whole syndicate's worth on mine.

As for 2008, try the clerk again.

4. msr

msr LE

Is there a simple slide which shows Offr career development?

AOSB -> O/Cdt -> TACC -> 2Lt -> Lt -> JOTAC -> Capt -> ?

msr

5. Yes, it goes all the way to 2*, though, when I asked, the nice retired man from MS, wasn't really clear on whether there was room for all of us to be Maj Gens...

I'll see if I can find it.

6. msr

msr LE

There are some bit and pieces on the TA and Res part of armynet, but it is a jumble of stuff, with no overall coherence and links to nowhere.

msr

7. msr

msr LE

Do you mean the ocd_faq.doc: https://www.armynet.mod.uk/club/navigate2.php?file=/content/military_secretary/ta_reserves/ocd_faq.doc

msr

8. No. There's a ppt slide showing officer career progression, which constitutes part of the MS Formal (and informal) Career Review briefings. I'd vaguely assumed that it would be in Armynet somewhere: but it appears not. (This was the closest I found - but there is a (V) equivalent about somewhere)

How about THIS?

9. Why not contact Glasgow now - several have dropped out for next week. How I ended up on a reserve list despite having an outstanding (operational) OJAR is beyond me - just goes to show op tours, and OJAR's for that matter count for little. Perhaps I should have stayed at home and enrolled on all the career courses possible.

Still I'm sure there are some 'spotters' lurking who will take a place at short notice - unlike them I have a professional job outside the TA. Glasgow please take note!

I can't wait for them to ring me with the offer - answers on a postcard as to what my answer will be........ :oops:

OK rant over.

10. msr

msr LE

ibe,

The official word is:

As yet it hasn't been decided. If you come back to us in about May next
    year, we will be able to help.

This link will help: http://www.defac.ac.uk/jscta07/

msr

11. I have just completed MK2 in a little over the 30 hours prescribed (300 Hrs) as JSC(TA) is now being replaced by MK2a and MK2b. I could not get onto the course this year and Shrivenham have stated that this 2007 will be the last JSC(TA) ever. This may of course not happen, but speaking to a regular mate there he believes it will. :x

12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I did mine last year, and the two or three courses before mine were each supposed to be the last one.

On mine, they were very keen on the inval as they were rewriting the TOs and programme for forthcoming courses.

Last? Possibly, but "watch this space!"

13. Just finished JSC TA 2007. There is another next year. Maybe the last one though. An excellent course.

14. I think their is one on the Sigs (SOINC) community on ArmyNet (I think its on a ppt describing signals trade changes)