JPAC and Early Termination Drama

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Dontdreamit, Sep 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK.

Considering ET. Have completed 3.15 years service according to JPA.

Wasn't sure of the exact date I could sign off, but I know my mate who was in the same squad has already signed off so asked them.

They said to phone JPAC who could give me the date.

Phoned up and asked for my earliest termination date.

Assistant said

Despite a few raised eyebrows she repeated that MCM Div would not authorise release of earliest termination date. 8O

Phone down. Rang again. Got different advisor who said

I repeated that my friend had just recieved their date from JPAC.

Assistant shrugged and helpfully suggested that I buy myself out 8O

Can anyone go firm on this, where do I get my ET date?

2. RCMO! He should have at hand all the information you need.

3. Is there a way without going through the CoC.

I don't want to sign off yet - just find out when I can. I have not made up my mind yet.

4. if you log onto JPA the earlist termination date should be in the 'apply for early termination' section.
    If it does not show a date you have to do 4 years 3 months reckonable service on a standard open engagement. You apply 12 months in advance so should be able to sign off after 3 years and 3 months.

5. Ask the RCMO for an informal interview; it won't go any further.

Litotes

6. not much help on the dates apart from JPA should show it?

but if we are now using video phone systems, all my dark and seedy thoughts about the lovely female voice on the other end of the phone lines are about to be destroyed :D :cry: :cry:

7. Your minimum commitment is 4 years, you can sign of at the 3 year point giving 12 months notice, there are certain circumstances whereby you can get out early, it will depend on your age and your length of service, job offers, DM(A) authority etc, other than that me old fella.

As far as JPA goes it will only put you into the system for termination if you sign off, it will show up on the termination forecast (JPA Report), which your UNIT HR will, or should, have monthly, every month in your last 12 months of service, thus enabling them to advise you accordingly on what you need to do to terminate your service, do not forget to get your termination pack from AFFPA and your JPA F 001 for you pension and final payment details

8. [quote="Dontdreamit] Have completed 3.15 years service according to JPA[/b][/quote]

:crying: