JPA UNIT HR - JOB DESCRIPTION

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ted69, Jan 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning all just wondering if any of you have a new job description for a unit HR, grateful if you have if you could POST IT OR pm me for e mail address :p

2. 1 word - Psychic!!

3. From the SPVA website:

SPVA infoCentre \ Services \ JPA \ Knowledge Base \ JPA Change Strategy & Plans \ Implementation \ 1.10 Responsibility Descriptions \ Unit Responsibilities

Unit Responsibilities

05 Jul 2005The principal HR Administration responsibilities within a Unit are defined within the roles and responsibility matrix which are in turn linked to positions within the Stakeholder Analysis. Each role and responsibility and the generic activities they undertake are outlined in individual pages.

The principal administrative responsibilities enabled through JPA are:

Finance - Payroll activities and budget information, expense claims.

Discipline - Discipline and administrative action.

Personnel Documentation - associated with the administration of a Service Individual

Career Management - associated with the promotion, assignment and termination of an individual

Training - training and competence

Regards

LJS

4. LJS I appreciate you haven't written it but what a load of drivel.

I presume therefore that I can forego my UEA and Appraisal Admin roles as these are not listed and as far as I can tell are not listed under any of the above.

Jockster :wink:

5. This should still fit the bill

AGC(SPS) MILITARY CLERK
    MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS TO USERS

Dear Customer,

Standing before you, we are pleased to present your very own AGC (SPS) Mil Clerk. You will notice that he/she is decked out in the traditional green colour scheme of normal soldiers, the only obvious difference is the green beret which has been included to stop confusion with real soldiers. This should not however put you off because we have programmed this particular model to carry out the basic functions of proper soldiers. There are however a few operating instructions which you may find useful:

1. Mil Clerks can perform normal Military functions, however they should be automatically considered inferior to proper soldiers. They can perform all MATTS but where possible they should all be done outside of his/her normal working hours either at weekends or late at night.

2. Some Mil Clerks have been programmed with outstanding prowess. If you want to use your clerk to represent your regiment, he/she should be dressed up to look like one of your soldiers, but any time taken out of his/her working day must be made up outside his/her normal working hours.

3. To get the most out of your clerk in the shortest possible time, it is probably better to work him/her for long hours, and feed him/her irregularly. The only disadvantage to this is that he/she may become dull, lethargic and temperamental. Should this happen, simply place him/her on a 3 Month Warning Order and return him/her to the Depot for replacement. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD HE/SHE RECEIVE MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR EXHAUSTION OR MENTAL BREAKDOWN this is merely a waste of tax-payers money and is an unnecessary burden on your regiment.

4. As a novelty you may permit your clerk to get married, but this should not deter you from working him/her the normal amount of hours, clerks have a poor track record for staying married, so the longer you keep them away from their respective spouse, the less opportunity they will have to wreck their marriage. However if you are employing your clerk fully they should not have time to find a partner, and should they find one that they are attracted too, they will probably soon lose interest or find someone who can see them more regularly.

5. We have been unable to delete the normal human emotions completely, so if your clerk does start to show normal human emotions, please ignore them, as this is merely a manufacturers defect.

MANUFACTURERS WARNING

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MUST YOU TRY AND TREAT YOUR CLERK LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING. THIS WILL ONLY LEAD TO CONFUSION ON THE PART OF THE CLERK AND CAN ALSO LEAD TO PROBLEMS FOR BOTH YOURSELF AND SUBSEQUENT EMPLOYERS.

We hope you enjoy many hours of usefulness from your AGC (SPS) Military Clerk.

Yours sincerely

AGC (SPS) Records (The Caring organisation)

6. The principal HR Administration responsibilities within a Unit are defined within the roles and responsibility matrix which are in turn linked to positions within the Stakeholder Analysis. Each role and responsibility and the generic activities they undertake are outlined in individual pages.

A very Generic description, however, as you say, I did not write this :D

7. How the rest of the army view the trade, well, almost all of the rest :wink:

8. "Wearer of many hats"

9. I have the feeling that the only reason HR Admin in certain units are given UEA and AA is to allow them to do the donkey work for SJAR and OJAR. The initial input of Job Descriptions (UEA only)although a pain for the initial set-up, remains against the PID. As for AA - again, once the form is filled out, 1RO, 2nd RO etc there is little to do accept tracking.

Yet again I feel that JPA is becoming a 'Clerical tool' instead of a 'management tool'. UNICOM was the same, why should this be any different.

10. Quite right, bring back UNICOM I say, however, I said the same when PAMPAS went and we got UNICOM, I suppose it will all come out in the wash eventualy, I will be long gone by then though, albeit, we take the hit now :x

11. Moosaca I wish that were the case. I carry out all UEA functions including Hierarchies, Job Descr, etc etc. I have only carried out these tasks since the introduction of JPA and therefore couldn't agree more.

It seems that the power of JPA isn't being utilised further up the chain. The need for unit SSRR, manning, deployability returns etc continues at unit level but surely these tasks could be carried out higher up the chain with the compilation of simple reports.

Jockster