JPA Pay cycle

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by batmanwasjesus, Aug 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all...

Realise this is a mong question, but have heard variously that we now get paid on the 30th of the month, 31st, last friday of every month, 28th day of the month, or 30 days after each pay cycle. Am on summer leave and don't have access to JPA... when do we get paid?!

Thanks

2. None of the above - Its always been last working day of the month in my experience...

3. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Has been discussed on here ad nauseam. Pay statement shows last day of the month (apparently whether a working day or not), Money is supposed to arrive in bank on first day of following month. For example last month my pay statement said "31 July" and my money (albeit not as much as I was expecting but that's s different story!) was in the bank before start of play 1 August. By that reckoning your pay statement for August should have next Friday's date on it and it will be interesting to see if the money arrives on 1 Sep which is a Saturday.....

4. Wrong!! - Pay for regulars is due to be at bank accounts on the last banking day of the month - as it has for the past 30 years from my personal experience!! TA pay, however, has changed under JPA to hit banks on the first banking day of the following month - this was never publicised and no one can give a definitive answer to confirm if this arrangement will be permanent - we have posed the question via the SPS chain - I will post the answer as and when Received.

PW