Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by 39REGT, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. got a query now JPA which is the armed forces pay system btw.. im going into training on the 21st so would JPA pay me in the end of month or the middle of may (no replies if you dont know how JPA works) lol
  2. You are and always will be paid on the last working day of the month, in arrears. You will be paid at the end of May, because the pay run will have occurred before your start date.
  3. not a mid monthly pay? surely the army can't expect you to go that long without pay>?
  4. Yep it can, as it has for a very long time. You'll probably get an advance of pay to cover laundry and a few other essential costs but no more. You dont need any more as you'll neither have the time nor the capacity for shopping.

No need to explain what JPA is, at least 25% on here are serving or have served so we get it...
  5. When I went through training for the first month or two we were paid in cash every two weeks (I think), this was so you had some money while your bank details etc were sorted out, I'm not sure if this is still the case.
  6. so in terms of laundry etc i havent been told wtf will go on so how does the laundry work? i was also told bring a iron but not an iron board should i assume there is an ironing board...???
  7. Will you just use the search function, this has all been answered before!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.