JPA - Op. Herrick 7

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Capone, Nov 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently mobilised on Op Herrick 7. I wish to raise my concerns regarding JPA pay issues. I read in the October 2007 Soldier Magazine that JPA pay problems have been described as "isolated" cases. I am concerned this is not the case. Having consulted many soldiers, I have learnt that many are experiencing pay problems with JPA. For example, my unit have not received a penny in LSA since mobilising in May 2007. Over four months later, the position is the same with no light at the end of the tunnel. It is my understanding LSA problems are theatre specific and over 1000 soldiers are not receiving LSA in Afghanistan. Describing this large quantity as "isolated cases" is stretching the definition a little bit in my view. The longer this goes on the more damaging it is on the soldiers' morale. Please can this be rectified as soon as possible so that the junior soldiers in particular, who acutely rely on LSA to support families, are paid the money they deserve. :!:

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

It seems to be isolated to Arrse/ArmyNet/Soldier Mag readers other wise it's fine.

Hard to beleive it was trialed by RAF & Navy before passing it on and all you hear from those implementing it is that they are having training problems.

3. Trialled possibly by the Senior Service yes but ignored by those in blue who buried their head in the sand. Admitted that their training was the worst of the lot, and that is saying something, but never the less.....

As for implementation 2 1/2 days training was wholly inadequate and a lot of the training was actually incorrect.

Jockster

4. Of course it was fully trialled and found to be excellent. No isolated problems with any Ministers, share-holders, exec directors or any consultants.

Exactly the same tight acceptance regime as for:

DII
    PAYD
    BOWMANisation
    UNICOM
    Pay 2000
    and on and on and on

5. Ain't that the truth.