JPA Nominated for an award! Have your say.....

is this a waah?

Mind you that was my first comment when I 'used' JPA for the first time.

well 6 pages of comments and it seems not one leaping to defend this wonderful cobbling together of a couple of networked ZX spectrums and a call centre run by wageslave monkeys ?

Comments posted - hope it makes some difference? Think this is something the Beeb or ITV should run with.....

After 32 years service I was beginning to think I had seen everything - now I reckon I probably have. The story of the "Emperor's New Clothes springs to mind...

Post your comments - too good an opportunity to miss.

My big concern with JPA is what happens when the free trial period runs out and MOD are asked to pay for the full version of the program.

theoriginalphantom said:
is this a waah?

I thought so too.

A number of the nominations appear to be waah's, a NHS Connecting for Health/NHS projects !!!!! thats far more waahish than JPA especially as the Defense Medical Services new system (DMICP) has been delivered on time and on budget. A far more worthier candidate than either.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ho.

Well, obviously someone paid them to put JPA on the shortlist.

Equally obviously, that someone wasn't the JPA...

oldbaldy

LE
Well the RAF seem to be nominating it for some sort of award!
As one writer says it could be the Darwin.:D

polar said:
theoriginalphantom said:
is this a waah?

I thought so too.

A number of the nominations appear to be waah's, a NHS Connecting for Health/NHS projects !!!!! thats far more waahish than JPA especially as the Defense Medical Services new system (DMICP) has been delivered on time and on budget. A far more worthier candidate than either.
DMICP isn't complete though, and has (in my opinion) some great gaping holes in it. It is better than any system we have had before, but like it says on my CR's 'could do better'.

Comment added, this is either a highly elaborate wah or the worst example of corporate backslapping. EDS aren't sponsoring the event are they?

polar said:
theoriginalphantom said:
is this a waah?

I thought so too.

DMICP may have been delivered on time but records have been transferred to this system, for ultimate linking to the NHS spine, without asking the patients permission. This is going to bite them in the arse at some stage.

Counter-Bluffer-Ops said:
DMICP may have been delivered on time but records have been transferred to this system, for ultimate linking to the NHS spine, without asking the patients permission. This is going to bite them in the arse at some stage.
They have been migrated from one system to another. That doesn't mean they will end up on the NHS Spine.

Believe it or not, despite having been in service for 18 months, JPA has still not achieved Full Operating Capability, indeed it is some way off.

In short JPA is still a bag of nails, but it is the only bag of nails we have so we will just have to get on with it.

I am a reporter for the Independent on Sunday and I am working on a story about the Joint Personnel Administration system (JPA), which has recently been shortlisted for a computing award in the ‘Best public sector project’ category.
My understanding is that the JPA system has failed to pay many service personnel on time or in full, which has caused huge problems for them and their families.
I have seen numerous posts about the problem on this site and others but I was hoping to have a chat with someone who has experienced this first-hand.
I understand there can be difficulties in talking to journalists for serving personnel so if you want to have a discussion without your name or other identifying information included in the final piece, this can be done.
I am not trying to undermine standing orders or edicts from the MOD but, often, the only way to bring these problems to wider attention is to speak to people in this way.
Obviously, for people who have left the services recently but have had a problem with the JPA system there are fewer restrictions on talking to me, so I hope you will consider telling your story.
I know from previous posts on ARRSE and others that people like journalists to be up front about who they are and what they are up to.
My name is Ian Griggs. You can Google my name and see what comes up or you can check this link (http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article2771009.ece) to a previous article I have written. You can call me at the Independent on Sunday using the main switchboard on 020 7005 2000 and ask for extension 2856 (or call direct on 020 7005 2856). Alternatively, you can PM me and I’ll talk to you like that.
Thanks very much for your help in advance.
This post has been approved by the moderator.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
theparamancan Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4
Paymaster AGC, RAPTC and SASC 8
Acid_Tin Army Pay, Claims & JPA 17