JPA Nominated for an award! Have your say.....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Run_Charlie!, Oct 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is this a waah?

Mind you that was my first comment when I 'used' JPA for the first time.
  2. well 6 pages of comments and it seems not one leaping to defend this wonderful cobbling together of a couple of networked ZX spectrums and a call centre run by wageslave monkeys ?
  3. Comments posted - hope it makes some difference? Think this is something the Beeb or ITV should run with.....
  4. After 32 years service I was beginning to think I had seen everything - now I reckon I probably have. The story of the "Emperor's New Clothes springs to mind...

Post your comments - too good an opportunity to miss.
  5. My big concern with JPA is what happens when the free trial period runs out and MOD are asked to pay for the full version of the program.
  6. I thought so too.

A number of the nominations appear to be waah's, a NHS Connecting for Health/NHS projects !!!!! thats far more waahish than JPA especially as the Defense Medical Services new system (DMICP) has been delivered on time and on budget. A far more worthier candidate than either.
  7. Someone is havin a laugh! 8O

As a profesional user of this system it is not fit for purpose
  8. Am emailing the link to numerous (IT) firms in the morning, I haven't laughed so much in a long time
  9. Sarastro

Sarastro LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Well, obviously someone paid them to put JPA on the shortlist.

Equally obviously, that someone wasn't the JPA...
  10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Well the RAF seem to be nominating it for some sort of award!
    As one writer says it could be the Darwin.:D
  11. DMICP isn't complete though, and has (in my opinion) some great gaping holes in it. It is better than any system we have had before, but like it says on my CR's 'could do better'.
  12. Comment added, this is either a highly elaborate wah or the worst example of corporate backslapping. EDS aren't sponsoring the event are they?
  13. DMICP may have been delivered on time but records have been transferred to this system, for ultimate linking to the NHS spine, without asking the patients permission. This is going to bite them in the arse at some stage.
  14. They have been migrated from one system to another. That doesn't mean they will end up on the NHS Spine.