JPA - "hugely successful"........

F

fozzy

Guest
#1
........according to Page 7 of June's Soldier Magazine.

Well, its such a sucess in my Squadron, that only 2 people have been paid correctly, one soldier has been paid £11 000*! (I sh*t you not) and the rest of us have been paid £0. Oh, I've reverted to a first year bounty.

This is obviously some alternate meaning of "hugely successful" that I've previously been unaware of.


* We haven't heard much from him recently - we think he's in the Maldives at the moment
 
#2
fozzy said:
........according to Page 7 of June's Soldier Magazine.

Well, its such a sucess in my Squadron, that only 2 people have been paid correctly, one soldier has been paid £11 000*! (I sh*t you not) and the rest of us have been paid £0. Oh, I've reverted to a first year bounty.

This is obviously some alternate meaning of "hugely successful" that I've previously been unaware of.


* We haven't heard much from him recently - we think he's in the Maldives at the moment
Check the back fence as he's probably thrown his kit over it before departing to more sunnier climes :relax:
 
#3
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......

Feck me, that was funny.....Successful for the regs, no doubt. One Army? My hairy yellow ass it is....


Any more gems likely to cause my sides to split?
 
#5
As I have said on other posts. JPA has been a testing time but in my unit everyone has been paid on time with the correct amount and we are just over 300 in strength. All bounties have been paid at the correct rate with only a handful being a couple of weeks late. It is not UNICOM and does need some work on it to make it easier to use but all in all it does the job providing the correct information is input in a timely manner. By the way I do not work for JPA and neither am I on commission for saying good things about it!
 
F

fozzy

Guest
#6
deejay075 said:
As I have said on other posts. JPA has been a testing time but in my unit everyone has been paid on time with the correct amount and we are just over 300 in strength. All bounties have been paid at the correct rate with only a handful being a couple of weeks late. It is not UNICOM and does need some work on it to make it easier to use but all in all it does the job providing the correct information is input in a timely manner. By the way I do not work for JPA and neither am I on commission for saying good things about it!
Oh, I daresay It'll come good in the end, and it has the potential to be useful, but I was highly amused at The Soldier article being published whilst our good AGC folk are trying to fix the current mess.
 
#7
I wouldn't listen to soldier mag, it's wa.nk, it's written by people who only write army propaganda. I recall them saying that there was nothing wrong with the SA80A1, oh but then they said there was stuff wrong it (when the governmnet ordered a redesign after bad press). Then that new body armour (pre osprey, post CBA, with the arms and collar) which troops said was great, except everone I knew (plus myself), knew that you couldn't move in the damn stuff. Soldier magazine= let's cover up all the things that a wrong with the army.
 
#8
JPA?Fcuckin joke!I attended my first day last august and i still havent been paid!
 
#9
Haven`t been paid since Feb.
No bounty, no pay , sorry ,recieved one payment as part of Mays salary.

Finally had my return phone cal from help desk, conversation went something like:
JPA; The reason we havent paid you is , our system doesn`t recognise your type of bank account.
TK; So how come you have paid me part of Mays salary?
JPA ; We havent
TK; yes you have it was X amount on Y date.
JPA ; No we couldnt have , our system wont recognise your account.

Still waiting for another call back to see if Left hand has spoken to right hand yet!
 
#11
JPA is to Pay what 'Alternative Comedy' is to 'Comedy'; loosely the same....but one's SH1TE! :x
 
#12
celticwarrior3551 said:
I wouldn't listen to soldier mag, it's wa.nk, it's written by people who only write army propaganda. I recall them saying that there was nothing wrong with the SA80A1, oh but then they said there was stuff wrong it (when the governmnet ordered a redesign after bad press). Then that new body armour (pre osprey, post CBA, with the arms and collar) which troops said was great, except everone I knew (plus myself), knew that you couldn't move in the damn stuff. Soldier magazine= let's cover up all the things that a wrong with the army.
You forgot the token celebrity with tenuous connections to the military part!!!
 
#13
Somethings aren't JPA but were to do with the data loaded to it from loonicom, Glasgow managed to turn our SSgt Reme Armourer at 31sigs into a Cpl Loggy Chef at HAC and we can't turn him back !

laugh I nearly cried
 
#14
Having tried to log into JPA and failed, and with my travel claims piling up, I devoted this morning to sorting out all the problems.

The gentleman at the Help Desk was very helpful, listened to me explain the problem, noted that neither he nor his colleague had experienced that one, and "had I tried this?". Yes, and it didn't work. Any other suggestions? I made certain that he logged the fault. He promised to ring back but hadn't done by the time I gave up... after I received a message that my unit wasn't recognised.

My colleagues told me that they didn't know I could swear as fluently as that!

Litotes
 
#17
The_Kurgen said:
Haven`t been paid since Feb.
No bounty, no pay , sorry ,recieved one payment as part of Mays salary.

Finally had my return phone cal from help desk, conversation went something like:
JPA; The reason we havent paid you is , our system doesn`t recognise your type of bank account.
TK; So how come you have paid me part of Mays salary?
JPA ; We havent
TK; yes you have it was X amount on Y date.
JPA ; No we couldnt have , our system wont recognise your account.

Still waiting for another call back to see if Left hand has spoken to right hand yet!
I've never understood that, why are certain accounts not acceptable?
If every other company/bank in the world can put money into the account why cant the MOD?

Its all a scam I tell ya, there keeping hold of as much money as possible to pay for other important stuff. Like computers.....
 
#18
My unit's pay and bountys have all appeared as and when they should, but we still put in travel claims etc via 1771.

We've also had problems with mobilisation paperwork in that half the unit didn't get theirs (though mine appeared in March) and have finally got with 4 weeks left to depart. This was blamed squarely on JPA.
 
#19
Unusual though it is to actually pass praise on a military admin issue one aspect I like about the JPA payslips is that it details exactly what you are getting paid for, so if a day or a course has been missed off it's much easier to work out.

They've still got me in the wrong Sqn mind.
 
#20
***As I have said on other posts. JPA has been a testing time but in my unit everyone has been paid on time with the correct amount and we are just over 300 in strength. All bounties have been paid at the correct rate with only a handful being a couple of weeks late. It is not UNICOM and does need some work on it to make it easier to use but all in all it does the job providing the correct information is input in a timely manner. By the way I do not work for JPA and neither am I on commission for saying good things about it!****

Its great that some folk have been paid with no problem and then boast about it, like i've said before the new system is a f**king joke, being a RSOP JPA does not recognise it........great, yea i'm getting paid but the wrong rate of pay and i am due two pay rises, when will i get them....never as long as i have a hole in my hoop, therefore i'm going to the doctors to get it sewn up....!!!!!!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PapaGolf Army Pay, Claims & JPA 78
D Army Pay, Claims & JPA 13
Love Albatross Medals 3

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top