• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

JPA Goes Live!!! At Long Last!!!

Well, after all the hype, and the anticpation of a highly efficient panacea to solve all our admin ills, JPA has finally arrived today!

But did anyone notice?

I still can't log on and manage my own pay/claims and so on. Nor can the "HR Administrators" who should be able to act on my behalf. What the hell is going on?

Mmmm. I have got onto the JPA website where everything seems to be OK (green performance indicator) but just not able to get on. No sign of usernames and passwords yet, not even for the HR chaps.

Is there anyone in the know who can shed any light on this? My "organisation" has tried to bully SPS at Bde in to getting some info, but they have simply made no comment. It all looks like smoke and mirrors to me.

JPA is live? Here we've managed to drag ourselves through the delightful online training package, printed off our glorious certificates (on threat of being barred from JPA forever if we didn't)

...and thats it. no JPA terminals to use (apparently we have 4 but they are in a building that hasn't been opened yet) no instructions on how and when we can access anything or even the promised passwords.

No doubt this will be hailed as a total success.

I get the idea that today was all about the top level implementation teams having a group hug about how successful the roll-out was, and spending thousands of pounds on some corporate shin-dig that would be better spent on getting some decent hardware in to place.

If any of the top level types are reading, take note of the following:

IT roll-out - we are still waiting for IT, and expect to receive 50% of what we need, due to cost saving measures.

Training - nice to see that Ver 2.0 of the training disc we waited so long for was corrupt. How on earth did that happen? Was it not quality checked before release?

We have received a limited amount of brand new machines to see us through the transition, and have been assured these brand new machines are going in a skip when they are finished with. We each have a printer for the contingency phase, but will have 1 between 12 when we go live.

Easter leave starts Friday for 2 weeks! Stick the data validation phase up your arrse!

This was not a successful roll out....

We've been brfiefed that we will not be able to "go live" on JPA as normal bog standard users until 31 May, up until then it's just RAO types, administrators etc

I'm what is called an HR Admin guy and we've just had the info that our passwords won't be ready until at least the 12 Apr at the earliest. Good job really as we are on leave until the 16 Apr!!

Does anyone else think the e-learning package was designed for 12 year olds? complete with naff moving tank rolling down the road as you completed each task!

Talk about dumbing down, Jeez!!!

bianchi said:
I understand from a friend that APC were able to have a quick look around inside the brave new world of JPA today.
Must have been the military in the APC, I spoke to APC today and none of the civvies were ablr to log on, seems their records were screwed up and not accepted by JPA.

Doesn't it just give you a warm fuzy feeling.

I understood that administrators would be restored first, then the RAF and RN users would be restored and then Army administrators. Finally, the rest of us would be rolled out over the next 6-8 wks.

Those of you without computers...tough! Actually, I think a lot of work has gone into providing fixes but quite a few units will not have access to JPA (ISTR circa 150 but don't quote me).

Litotes

Don't you just love the fact that the EC operators are already refusing to talk to HR Admin and want to talk to the soldier even after being told that none of us have access and the soldier in question works 100 miles away from the office!

darth_fokker said:
Does anyone else think the e-learning package was designed for 12 year olds? complete with naff moving tank rolling down the road as you completed each task!

3 hours? 3 minutes. Just keep pressing next and close. Apparently there is a Version 2 where you actually have to answer the questions.

Paymaster said:
Don't you just love the fact that the EC operators are already refusing to talk to HR Admin and want to talk to the soldier even after being told that none of us have access and the soldier in question works 100 miles away from the office!
I see the JPAC EC is living up to its sterling reputation again. Didn't take them long to create a good impression on the Army.

Ladies and Gents. As one of the HR Admin type guys I will try and shed a little light on the situation. The plan was always for JPA to go live on 26 Mar 07. There is now a phase of ensuring that all the records have been migrated correctly and that the system is working ok. The RN/RAF have not had access to the system whilst it has been shut down for us to be migrated so they are now bringing their records up to date. The plan was always for HR Admin personnel to get their logins on 12 Apr and start working the system. The remainder will get their logins on a rollout basis starting 31 May to ensure that not everyone tries to login at the same time. Your Unit Change Team at each location should have briefed you on this. All claims etc should still be processed using the legacy system so no one should be missing out on money.

Dale the snail said:
darth_fokker said:

3 hours? 3 minutes. Just keep pressing next and close. Apparently there is a Version 2 where you actually have to answer the questions.
Version 2 was released after much delay, and it did prevent people from simply hitting the next button to get to the end. However, it worked for the first part of the learning package and then froze, as the software wasn't quite working properly!

Now there are a few thousand novelty coasters in circulation. Excellent for hanging up in your veg plot too as bird scarers! Any other suggestions as to uses for these CDs welcomed.

deejay075 said:
Ladies and Gents. As one of the HR Admin type guys I will try and shed a little light on the situation. The plan was always for JPA to go live on 26 Mar 07. There is now a phase of ensuring that all the records have been migrated correctly and that the system is working ok. The RN/RAF have not had access to the system whilst it has been shut down for us to be migrated so they are now bringing their records up to date. The plan was always for HR Admin personnel to get their logins on 12 Apr and start working the system. The remainder will get their logins on a rollout basis starting 31 May to ensure that not everyone tries to login at the same time. Your Unit Change Team at each location should have briefed you on this. All claims etc should still be processed using the legacy system so no one should be missing out on money.
Just a word of caution, processes should not be run on legacy systems (UNICOM) as the system has, for all intents and purposes, been disabled. Units should be running processes on an excel spreadsheet which is periodically emailed to WD until units get their own FOC. This system looks like it is working very well.

Surely we could have junked JPA and saved bundles of cash, and simply used Excel to do our business.

Latest Threads