Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

JPA Fraud

"The prosecution conceded at the start of the trial that the Royal Military Police investigation was flawed."

I'm shocked and stunned, imagine that happening to such a fine professional body as the RMP!

Have I got this right

Officer gets posted to Andover owns a home about 25 miles West of Andover near Devizes, obtains a MQ at Odiham about 25 miles East of Andover.

So when he finishes work at 20:00 in the evening he cannot be bothered to drive all the way to Devizes, instead he drives to Odiham

Why would you get an MQ in Odiham other than to play the CEA game

Archie

Have I got this right

Officer gets posted to Andover owns a home about 25 miles West of Andover near Devizes, obtains a MQ at Odiham about 25 miles East of Andover.

So when he finishes work at 20:00 in the evening he cannot be bothered to drive all the way to Devizes, instead he drives to Odiham

Archie

Because, for better or for worse, that was not the criminal charge he was facing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have I got this right

Archie

Because Odiham is easier to get to? His job required him to be in town or other sites than Andover?

You make it sound like 'playing the CEA game' is illegal, it isn't, it's not even regarded as 'a bad thing' amongst the (senior) chaps.

CEA is, of course, an anachronism (like the officer plot) and should have been stopped years ago.

I think he can count himself as being very very lucky to have walked away from that CM. Not much sympathy for him during the trial from the serving military around The Plain.

I think he can count himself as being very very lucky to have walked away from that CM. Not much sympathy for him during the trial from the serving military around The Plain.

Not surprising, they're all pi$$ed off at CEA being in the headlines again and/or thinking there but for the grace of god go I.

"The prosecution conceded at the start of the trial that the Royal Military Police investigation was flawed."

I'm shocked and stunned, imagine that happening to such a fine professional body as the RMP!
Are you implying the RMP 'may' have messed up the investigation? Has this ever happened before?

Army colonel cleared of fraud over children's private school fees

As the RAF neighbours reported that the SFA was unoccupied and unfurnished you might have questioned the quality of the source when the SIB search found a fully furnished house with dog in kitchen.

Nice neighbours though. Probably not attending the coffee mornings because you have a job makes you a bit odd - did I mention all the neighbours were RAF wives?

The Army Families Federation did a briefing paper about just this issue last year on the “90 day rule”. It doesn’t matter if your OH is a doctor working night shifts or Tesco night shifts when the kids are asleep, some muppets think you are living apart from your soldier!

Last edited:
I point blank refused to move to Upavon :)

Edit to add: Larkhill fitted in the (imaginary Carillion-Amey) 10 mile radius, because I had to move out of my perfectly acceptable SFA 13 miles away from Upavon :)
The 10 mile radius is standard but there is an additional 20 mile radius that local commanders can endorse to allow for managing allocations depending on the area.
Due to the concentration of numbers on the plain though there is an endorsed policy that any SFA estate in the plain can be allocated as opposed to within a radius