JPA DOUBLE PAYMENT

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by bagpuss_993, Jul 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ARE THERE ANY OTHER UNITS OUT THERE THAT HAVE BEEN PAID DOUBLE (JPA FCUK UP SO IVE BEEN TOLD) :? LAST MONTH, AND HAD IT ALL TAKEN BACK THIS MONTH ??????????? :x

2. You must have been paid my wages then, because I've had sweet foxtrot alpha pay for no reason this month, after successfull payments every time for months.

A nice time to screw up my budget. Cheers JPA!

3. Someone got paid???.....lucky you

4. Some people have appeared on JPA twice and hence have been paid twice. New recruits I think, wasn't really paying much attention to the email since it didn't affect me. Shouldn't have had all of it taken away though, just half

5. ArmyNet is showing the same statment twice (so I may have been double paid).

Last pay statement showing 2 weekends of payment and then taking away the same, leaving one drill night.

Went to do a individual pay sheet but found I'd already been paid for the weekend :?

Paysheet format has changed yet again!

But pay seems to be correct but I can't prove it

6. ArmyNet is showing the same statment twice (so I may have been double paid).

Last pay statement showing 2 weekends of payment and then taking away the same, leaving one drill night.

Went to do a individual pay sheet but found I'd already been paid for the weekend :?

Paysheet format has changed yet again!

7. I'm not showing any pay statements for last month, so I'll wait and see what happens at the end of this month.

8. ^May statements went online a week or so ago

9. Yup - most of our Squadron members got double-bubble (and I've since learnt that it was a wide-spread incident).

I was a little shocked to find out that they've retained all of Junes pay to cover their error - but then again, it's a good job I'm not doing this for the money!!

But I do sympathise with those tax dodgers who do rely on their Army pay to boost their pot noodle habits, why should we (as part-time emplyees) be forced to suffer for an admin explosion? (far enough, the more sensible of us saved the excess for this reason!!)

A simple percentage every month would have sufficed.

10. So if it's a Kentigern House error and you are overpaid - what are the options, if any?
    I received a double payment whilst deployed in 2007/8. I was not aware of it. Error was not discovered until one year later and they are threatening legal action to recover.
    I was a reservist - now civvy.

11. Overpayment in the regs used to be taken back a fraction at a time, it may have been a days wages can't remember.

12. Offer to pay them back £1 a week, it wasnt your fault you were overpaid by their error and by making a offer, you not refusing to pay it back, it might take a lifetime by why skint yourself out if you dont have to!

13. Forgive me for throwing a bit of logical thought about, but surely everyone knows what they are supposed to be paid each month? If you are paid too much, why not leave it in your bank ready for when it is inevitably recovered?

14. Not always it didn't one of the guys in our troop was paid crew commanders when he wasn't qualified, they took it off him in one fell swoop...a pad as well....no luck.