JPA cocks up matelot's pay or someone just hoping no one would notice?

Seems that the Daily Mail have jumped on a story that some matelots have had their pay cocked up (big shocker!) Hundreds of Royal Navy sailors to have salaries docked after MoD overpayment blunder | Mail Online

Now the guy who apparently owes the Pusser £17,000 surely he would have noticed his wages taking a quite big jump up at some point? Do you think this is a case of a mistake or do you think that someones been keeping quiet in the hopes of not being caught and now thay have are trying to play victim?

On a side note- when did the Type 42 20+ year old HMS Edinburgh become so modern and sleek looking?

As shitty as it may seem, it's not uncommon for an employer to retrieve salary overpayments. It's really a matter of negotiating a reasonable amount for deduction from future wage payments.

As for any individual noticing they are being paid more than they should be, without any details, that's impossible to comment on really.

rgjbloke said:
They can't even get the right bloody country never mind the right bloody Navy and boat!
Ship

I was overpaid by the Army, one of 17, the tried to force me to pay it back I said no as it was their mistake for getting our band of pay wrong. I never paid a penny back and neither did any one else. Their mistake they paid the price.

I was overpaid by the Army, one of 17, the tried to force me to pay it back I said no as it was their mistake for getting our band of pay wrong. I never paid a penny back and neither did any one else. Their mistake they paid the price.
You didn't say no, you said 'Ok, nice one' when the SPVA obviously decided to write off that error. If they'd said 'pay it back' you'd have said 'OOOKKKAAYYYY. Sob'.

"Lord Mong the photo you chose made the front page, the matelots will surely all be thrilled!"

"I'm sure they will my ink stained hack like acolyte, but shouldn't you be at the Old Bailey by now, to hear your sentence being passed?"

You didn't say no, you said 'Ok, nice one' when the SPVA obviously decided to write off that error. If they'd said 'pay it back' you'd have said 'OOOKKKAAYYYY. Sob'.
ERR no, the said pay it back I said why as you have made the error and I did not notice it because we had just finish an upgrading course and hence a pay rise was right just they gave us too much, stuff them, in the case of the RN clearly an oversight of 17,000 would have not gone unnotice by the pay bods or the man/woman getting it

It was, effectively, an interest free loan.

I wonder if all the MPs have repaid their overpayments yet?

ERR no, the said pay it back I said why as you have made the error and I did not notice it because we had just finish an upgrading course and hence a pay rise was right just they gave us too much, stuff them, in the case of the RN clearly an oversight of 17,000 would have not gone unnotice by the pay bods or the man/woman getting it
You mean you got a nice letter from SPVA explaining that no further action would be taken due to the 'order of march' being wrong. This was early on in JPAs life, and covered in the 2009 NAO report.

I doubt your bombast and bluster made one iota of difference to the outcome. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Not really as JPA was not invented then, as it was in 1992 and no did not get any letter, the paymaster at 7Para RHA just said to me the matter had been dropped, just phoned one other bloke who had the same as we were on the same course and bugger me said exactly the same, told them to ram it no further action

I got over paid £3000 (pre JPA). Argued the toss and got to keep half of it.

Cheers easy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Time and method may be different but rules is rules.

Had they decided to draw it back you'd have pid it back. In 1992, poss in a oner.

If it makes you feel better I was messed about as JPA came in too.

Every Ship (target) can be a submarine (boat) once :)

400 or so matelots in the wrong pay band might not have noticed if they were the same trade perhaps? or more likely they don't check their pay like most people.

Or they've been on a deployment...

Submarine chaps get paid mad money do they not? Wouldn't be too difficult to run up a £17,000 overpay if you were on a 6 month tour or two and on the wrong LSA/reactor watch pay.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PapaGolf Army Pay, Claims & JPA 159
D Army Pay, Claims & JPA 13
Love Albatross Medals 3