JPA cocks up matelot's pay or someone just hoping no one would notice?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by northern-matelot, Sep 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seems that the Daily Mail have jumped on a story that some matelots have had their pay cocked up (big shocker!) Hundreds of Royal Navy sailors to have salaries docked after MoD overpayment blunder | Mail Online

Now the guy who apparently owes the Pusser £17,000 surely he would have noticed his wages taking a quite big jump up at some point? Do you think this is a case of a mistake or do you think that someones been keeping quiet in the hopes of not being caught and now thay have are trying to play victim?

On a side note- when did the Type 42 20+ year old HMS Edinburgh become so modern and sleek looking?

2. As shitty as it may seem, it's not uncommon for an employer to retrieve salary overpayments. It's really a matter of negotiating a reasonable amount for deduction from future wage payments.

As for any individual noticing they are being paid more than they should be, without any details, that's impossible to comment on really.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ROFLMAO. They can't even get the right bloody country never mind the right bloody Navy and boat!

Fantastic quality journalistic work in this Mail report! :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ship

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

You after a job with the Mail?

6. I was overpaid by the Army, one of 17, the tried to force me to pay it back I said no as it was their mistake for getting our band of pay wrong. I never paid a penny back and neither did any one else. Their mistake they paid the price.

7. You didn't say no, you said 'Ok, nice one' when the SPVA obviously decided to write off that error. If they'd said 'pay it back' you'd have said 'OOOKKKAAYYYY. Sob'.

• Like Like x 1
  8. "Lord Mong the photo you chose made the front page, the matelots will surely all be thrilled!"

"I'm sure they will my ink stained hack like acolyte, but shouldn't you be at the Old Bailey by now, to hear your sentence being passed?"

9. ERR no, the said pay it back I said why as you have made the error and I did not notice it because we had just finish an upgrading course and hence a pay rise was right just they gave us too much, stuff them, in the case of the RN clearly an oversight of 17,000 would have not gone unnotice by the pay bods or the man/woman getting it

10. Ship to you Navy types. Boat to this landlubber, allbeit a big one. :)

11. [​IMG]

There...that's more like it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. It was, effectively, an interest free loan.

I wonder if all the MPs have repaid their overpayments yet?

13. Four days pay a month, I'd throw a four day sicky each month myself!

14. You mean you got a nice letter from SPVA explaining that no further action would be taken due to the 'order of march' being wrong. This was early on in JPAs life, and covered in the 2009 NAO report.

I doubt your bombast and bluster made one iota of difference to the outcome. Sorry to burst your bubble.