JPA & BBC News

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mushroom, Jan 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There was quite a long report on tonights BBC NE News about JPA and how the Crabs are having all sorts of problems.

MOD refused to comment except to say that it was 99% correct. does this mean that when it hits the Army we can expect 1000 people per month not being paid.

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

By what I hear that is a conservative estimate.

3. Only a 1000?

4. Looks forward to a month or two with out pay then.

5. Im sure my mortgage company will understand

6. Private Eye have an article in their latest issue about how MoD cannot implement tax-free nursery vouchers (deducted from salary pre tax) because JPA is such a c0ck up. :pissedoff:

7. I take that would be that the BBC report is 99% correct?
    I can't believe 99% of the crabs are being paid correctly. I have three close mates all serving in different locations wearing light blue and non of them have been paid correctly since April 06. Does this mean they are all in the unlucky 1%?

8. engr172

engr172 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Believe me lads, JPA and DII is a joke. It will not work straight away. Thay have tried to do too much, too soon.......

9. ... too cheap

10. I think the other 387 work with me!

11. Apparently the RN are having a better time with it?

12. all you need to do is look at what a cock up the implimentation of Pay 2000 was. One of my Sgts finally got his first correct pay 3 months ago! fortunately he was owed money and not the other way round! 6 years!!!

13. So, what's the difference between JPA and the current/old system for the army?

14. Hey there was justice when the crabs got JPA - all the pilots lost their flying pay and considering most of them dont fly any more that seemed great (thill it was backpaid!)