JPA ~ are you ready yet

#1
After much toil and anguish we have at last finished out hierarchies and workflow.

So how is it going for you?
 
#2
Paltry information about the actual effects, only 4 workstations that can be accessed for 600+ staff, they are disretely located in a public area whithout seats. So all in all its going just great, bit like body armour!
 
#3
How will they access the AAU (Approach and Use) Terminals? Have you got them all DII logins and Passwords?
 
#5
No training here either and DII not scheduled for install until sometime in 2009/10 Only two RLI terminals in the entire unit both used by the admin staff. The OC is views this as a major 'Management Challenge' I view it as a lot of blokes going to be out of pocket in the next few months!
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#7
Got my letter about it on Friday. Top and bottom of it screams "This flyer concerns you"

Not really. I'm not in the slightest concerned. Would imagine most regulars are though.
 
#8
Apart from the 'point and click' JPA training package which provides the 'employer' with a 'tick in the box' to cover their backs..... nothing.

No username and password in order to log in and do my own admin. No answer to the question of where and when I'm supposed to have the time and opportunity to do my own admin, let alone who can look over my shoulder to see what I'm doing, copy my password or obtain 'private' details. No answer to how I'm supposed to tell if my pay is correct without at least a 'daily rate of pay' shown. We are of course told that it is our responsibility to get things right and can be charged if any claims are thought to have been 'fraudulent'.

I'm not a trained clerk and never wanted to be one..... so what are they doing now? Just an excuse to get rid of admin staff? Designed to stop the cry of "Clerical Error" as it is now all your own fault?

I'm not convinced.
 
#9
Plant-Pilot said:
Apart from the 'point and click' JPA training package which provides the 'employer' with a 'tick in the box' to cover their backs..... nothing.

No username and password in order to log in and do my own admin. No answer to the question of where and when I'm supposed to have the time and opportunity to do my own admin, let alone who can look over my shoulder to see what I'm doing, copy my password or obtain 'private' details. No answer to how I'm supposed to tell if my pay is correct without at least a 'daily rate of pay' shown. We are of course told that it is our responsibility to get things right and can be charged if any claims are thought to have been 'fraudulent'.

I'm not a trained clerk and never wanted to be one..... so what are they doing now? Just an excuse to get rid of admin staff? Designed to stop the cry of "Clerical Error" as it is now all your own fault?

I'm not convinced.
Roll out of JPA for the Army is split into two phases:

1. Self Service by Proxy - In english this just means that the clerks crack on as normal, but on JPA rather than UNICOM.

2. Full Self Service - planned for later on in the year and dependent on DII. This is where you will be responsible for more (not all) of your own personal admin - leave, posting preference, basic claims, termination of service and change of emergency contact and UK bank details.

Even when we are at full operating capability your clerks should still provide your first line support and be on hand to help if you are having probelms.

JPA has also been badly communicated, you will be responsible for more of your own admin but not all of it. In effect rather than filling in a form to change your details or put in a claim you will just be doing it electronically. If you already do internet banking or on-line shopping you shouldn't have too much trouble with most of the functions.

Whilst it is not a perfect system the greatest benefit over UNICOM is that when you change your details or put in a claim it is instantaneous as you are actually changing the mainframe (rather than sending a transmission that gets lost at APC!)
 
#10
JPA_SAYS_NO said:
Full Self Service - planned for later on in the year and dependent on DII. This is where you will be responsible for more (not all) of your own personal admin - leave, posting preference, basic claims, termination of service and change of emergency contact and UK bank details.
So that's still means my blokes out of pocket until 2009/10 then? More to the point we won't even be able to get posted out to were we want to go either!!!! :frustrated:
 
#11
Baldrick66 said:
JPA_SAYS_NO said:
Full Self Service - planned for later on in the year and dependent on DII. This is where you will be responsible for more (not all) of your own personal admin - leave, posting preference, basic claims, termination of service and change of emergency contact and UK bank details.
So that's still means my blokes out of pocket until 2009/10 then? More to the point we won't even be able to get posted out to were we want to go either!!!! :frustrated:
Why will you be out of pocket? The clerks will continue to do your admin for you until you get DII...
 
#13
JPA_SAYS_NO said:
Baldrick66 said:
JPA_SAYS_NO said:
Full Self Service - planned for later on in the year and dependent on DII. This is where you will be responsible for more (not all) of your own personal admin - leave, posting preference, basic claims, termination of service and change of emergency contact and UK bank details.
So that's still means my blokes out of pocket until 2009/10 then? More to the point we won't even be able to get posted out to were we want to go either!!!! :frustrated:
Why will you be out of pocket? The clerks will continue to do your admin for you until you get DII...
Hope someone tells the clerks that then, They are under the impression that unless the lads submit via JPA then it doesn't get processed. Info is not exactly free flowing at the moment it is rightly causing a lot of concerns. Workarounds and temporary fixes seem to be the catch phrase at the moment for most sub units without RLI access.
 
#14
Baldrick66 said:
JPA_SAYS_NO said:
Baldrick66 said:
JPA_SAYS_NO said:
Full Self Service - planned for later on in the year and dependent on DII. This is where you will be responsible for more (not all) of your own personal admin - leave, posting preference, basic claims, termination of service and change of emergency contact and UK bank details.
So that's still means my blokes out of pocket until 2009/10 then? More to the point we won't even be able to get posted out to were we want to go either!!!! :frustrated:
Why will you be out of pocket? The clerks will continue to do your admin for you until you get DII...
Hope someone tells the clerks that then, They are under the impression that unless the lads submit via JPA then it doesn't get processed. Info is not exactly free flowing at the moment it is rightly causing a lot of concerns. Workarounds and temporary fixes seem to be the catch phrase at the moment for most sub units without RLI access.
The initial timeline for Self Service was by 31 Jul 07, but with the problems with DII, that is likely to slip considerably to the right, especially in the UK. Your clerks should be planning on using the new manual forms for when we get onto the system on 12 Apr 07. You then submit as per usual an they input onto JPA on your behalf.

You are right though, the message is obviously not getting through - no one should be left high and dry. I would be interested to know which unit you are with - PM me if you don't want to say in open forum.
 
#15
JPA thanks for the offer but I'll decline. I've already taken this up through my CoC and await results with baited breath! From experience taking short cuts will only result in peoples noses being put out of joint and deny me the pleasure of saying 'Told you so' when it all goes horribly wrong.
 
#16
Hmmm. Good Luck. As a Crab I've been on JPA for some time now. Frankly it's a half arrsed attempt at an admin system. Yet again we went for a cheap system and have had to try to change the way we work to suit it...not pay the money to change it to the way we work. The good news is that around half the time we can't get on to the system as the "maximum number of log in's are in use". Now that's with just the RAF and the RN onboard. What's in going to be like once you Pongos get on too! Don't worry about the training...you'll never get into the system anyway!
 
#17
From the trg package I noticed that the JPA package keeps on popping up with the right book to look in ref claims etc.

The younger soldiers aren't going to know how to look up things and as such may not get the things that they are entitled to, or know that they can claim for this and that, which I have to admit, also used to be the case if the admin staff weren't all that helpful and suggest it to them.

Is this just a way for the system to pay less out in claims? Rather than not getting claims when the clerk's attitude was that it was his/her own money, claims aren't paid because the soldier is ignorant as to what he can claim and what he can't. Remember that if he does try and claim what he isn't actually entitled to (ignorance is no excuse!) he is libel to be charged for fraud.
 
#18
does anyone actually have a defined list of what you can claim for & cant if any body does could they put it up on the site or even PM me with the info

sometimes its hard to find out
 
#19
Fuck JPA in it's stupid ass! Because of the transfer to it Glasgow cannot return me to my appropriate pay scale, which means my family is missing out and I shall be driven into further debt from charges set against me for not making payments!!

£500 a month IS something a person misses, and the fact that my local pay office and Glasgow are so fucked because they're getting ready for JPA does not bode well does it?
 
#20
watto135 said:
does anyone actually have a defined list of what you can claim for & cant if any body does could they put it up on the site or even PM me with the info

sometimes its hard to find out
Actually, this is one of the big money savers for the MOD. I am at a large joint unit, and we are on the road quite a bit doing jobs both in the UK and overseas. Basically all the old allowances have gone out of the window. All you can claim for now are receipted actuals up to a certain amout. This means that if you are away from your unit on det or doing a jobs, the old MIE/PIE etc have gone. You now have to submit a seperate claim for your telephone call, your newspaper and laundry etc. Although the rumour is that you don't have to have a receipt for anything under £5, this is not actually the case and if you are audited then you must show why it was unreasonable to obtain said receipt. You may also be obligied to sign an affadavit to the effect that you have spent so much on papers/laundry etc etc.
My trade is undergoing retraining at the moment entailing 10 weeks away from your parent unit. Some of the lads are putting in a claim on a daily basis for their £5 a day for phone calls, Laundry etc. A number of them have been invited up to PSF to withdraw the claims as they cannot demonstrate that they have spent exactly £4.99 per day, or to give a breakdown and show supporting evidence that the money has actually been spent each and every day.
Of course this used to be taken care of with an allowance that was automatically paid whether you used it or not. You can draw your own conclusions.
On a recent overseas trip I had to pay out over £700 of my own money to pay for accommodation/transport etc. It has been a real fight to get much of this back as JPA does not recognise the fact that the exchange rate on your credit card may be different to the one one JPA. There is no way around this, apart from putting in an additonal claim for the difference. Yet more time on the system.
The JPA (un)help desk will simply tell you to speak to your unit staff. Your unit staff will, on the whole, tell you to speak to the JPA Help desk. This can be a vicious circle unless you have the rank and/or balls to start shouting at someone to sort out the issue...normally the chief clerk.
Another real bug in the system is that once you have entered your leave, you cannot make any changes to it. You cannot even change a contact number or address. You have to speak to the helpdesk/unit staff/helpdesk circle until it it cancelled out of the system (minimum 24 hours) and then you have to reinput. Obviously circumstances never change in the ideal world of the programmers.
JPA? piece of sh*t.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SixBadges Army Pay, Claims & JPA 14
Paymaster AGC, RAPTC and SASC 8
Acid_Tin Army Pay, Claims & JPA 17

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top