JPA Appraisals

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ChickenHeart, Dec 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. JPA Appraisals - A brave new world that I am struggling to come to terms with, even though I have completed a course at MCM Div and the e-learning packages.

Can anyone tell me how to input an individual's Roles and Responsibilities? I have every JPA role going, but can't seem to figure it out. I can do everything else apart from this and it is very frustrating.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do/how to do it?

2. Only your UEA (normally RAWO) can complete this task :D

then Position description
    NO to change date
    Click on name box which will open a pop up box
    enter PID number of posn responsibilities you wish to update
    Then click the OTHERS box (bottom right)
    Then extra information
    and voila as easy as that :D :)
  3. I'm still having problems!

I'm in Oracle as the UEA as described.
    When I click on name I get a JPA flexfield come up; I've typed in the individuals name and PID. It comes up as Chickenheart:1234567 in the field.
    Then I press Others and click Extra Information.

I get an error message saying:

APP-PAY-07543. Save your Position or display another before continuing.

What am I doing wrong??

4. Your doing nothing wrong.

Don't bother with name simply input PID into unique number box.

Then it should be under Extra Information.

If your still getting an error message suggest you speak to the JPAC IT Team.

Or maybe you have broken JPA? HURRAH.

5. Success, thanks very much for the advice.
    That was not easy, and far from obvious.

6. I found, when I did mine, that if I queried just the first part of the position code, ie area sys op, it pulled them all up. I then could use the down arrow to switch between records and save re-querying for each one.
  7. I can't seem to do that, and need to write every individual's responsibilities in separately. Bugger.

I notice that whilst I can update the Responsibilities, I cannot update the individual's Role, as there is no box to amend, yet it appears on the appraisal area of repsonsibilities. Is there a separate way of accessing this info, or is it down to the individual to input it?

8. Chicken Heart I have no probs inputting or amending the role. It is the yellow box above the 8 lines of responsibilities.

9. Jocks quite right, simply type it in and save :D