JPA Allowances For Pets

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by fingeringhoe, Aug 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was wondering, is there any such thing as the above? When I'm deploying I need to put the cats in a cattery, is it possible to claim anything towards the costs as I seem to remember someone telling me they claimed something for their dog but can't remember what it was. As you can imagine it is very expensive.

2. Definately a Wah!!

3. Are you taking the piss? Please tell me your are having us on!

4. Not at all JPA allows you to claim for the cost of a sack, a half dozen bricks and 15p per mile MMA from your place of residence to your nearest canal/river.

5. Your choice to have pets, the money you save on det will easily cover the fees anyway!

6. Well I guess that answers my question then!

7. Have you considered smuggling it/them on tour with you?

8. Have you not got family who can look after them rather than a cattery.

9. I provide a free cat sitting service if you're interested?

10. Sitting on the cat does not count.

11. It is covered if you are a reservist and are compulsorily mobilised.

12. Ah, bunch of know-it-alls, You can claim. I did for taking my dog to Canada and returning; over a grand each way.

Just put the cats in the cattery, when you come back remember to get an invoice/receipt. You claim under miscellaneous expences through JPA.

Just make sure to let your line manager know, so that they confirm the claim. After all it does look a bit cheeky.

13. STABs can claim for someone to walk their dog and cut their grass when deployed. I'd mow their lasses's grass for free.

14. Are you takin the **** ? You can claim but it doesn't mean that there is an entitlement to what you have claimed & been paid ! JPA works on what you enter, I do hope your claim is called for audit.

I suggest that you protect your pension by going to chat to your OC and say you may have made a terrible mistake.......... **** your line manager

Are you a MP ? (Westminster not monkey)

15. Are you TA?

You appear to know everything.

Oh, and No. Capital N.