JPA Allowances For Pets

Was wondering, is there any such thing as the above? When I'm deploying I need to put the cats in a cattery, is it possible to claim anything towards the costs as I seem to remember someone telling me they claimed something for their dog but can't remember what it was. As you can imagine it is very expensive.

Was wondering, is there any such thing as the above? When I'm deploying I need to put the cats in a cattery, is it possible to claim anything towards the costs as I seem to remember someone telling me they claimed something for their dog but can't remember what it was. As you can imagine it is very expensive.
Definately a Wah!!

Have you not got family who can look after them rather than a cattery.

Ah, bunch of know-it-alls, You can claim. I did for taking my dog to Canada and returning; over a grand each way.

Just put the cats in the cattery, when you come back remember to get an invoice/receipt. You claim under miscellaneous expences through JPA.

Just make sure to let your line manager know, so that they confirm the claim. After all it does look a bit cheeky.

Ah, bunch of know-it-alls, You can claim. I did for taking my dog to Canada and returning; over a grand each way.

Just put the cats in the cattery, when you come back remember to get an invoice/receipt. You claim under miscellaneous expences through JPA.

Just make sure to let your line manager know, so that they confirm the claim. After all it does look a bit cheeky.
Are you takin the **** ? You can claim but it doesn't mean that there is an entitlement to what you have claimed & been paid ! JPA works on what you enter, I do hope your claim is called for audit.

I suggest that you protect your pension by going to chat to your OC and say you may have made a terrible mistake.......... **** your line manager

Are you a MP ? (Westminster not monkey)

Are you TA?

You appear to know everything.

Oh, and No. Capital N.

Oh dear, so many wrong smartarses.

The answer is yes. Yes you can claim for additional expenses for the care of a pet.

It says so in JSP 753 Ch5

0503. Without financial limit, Reservists can also receive an ‘Allowable expenses claim’
arising from their mobilisation, but these expenses are limited to:
a. Additional payments for the care of a dependent child or relative;
b. Additional expenses for the care of a pet;
c. Additional home insurance premiums; and
d. Payments for the essential maintenance of the Reservist’s main​
residence and garden.

What absolute Bollox, if you did I expect your off to the bank on Tuesday to draw the money out and pay it back.

What absolute Bollox, if you did I expect your off to the bank on Tuesday to draw the money out and pay it back.
If you can find anyway of repaying money back please let JPAC know as when they overpaid me they didnt seem to have any clue how it was done. And decided it would be better just to take it off me four days a month for what seemed forever.

Care to explain why, or are you just pontificating? Flew the mutt out and flew him back two years later. Made a claim each time that covered the cost.